Windows 8.1 Feature Pack kb2932046 (part of kb2919355) won't install

Anonymous
2014-04-09T17:35:38+00:00

Tried downloading 8.1 update via Windows update on 8 March and kb2919355 failed to load citing corrupt or missing file. Went to Microsoft Download center and searched for kb2919355 which brought up several sub files. I was able to successfully download and install all but the kb2932046 . Any idea on how to get it to install?  I am on an original Windows 7 32 bit computer which has been upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and then to Windows 8.1, all via download. I thus have no DVD, USB etc to do a refresh, which I don't wish to do anyway. I've already tried the Updater Tool Fix and the DISM procedures suggested by Windows Update with no luck. As far as I know, I've not moved any directories. Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T19:50:58+00:00

    Robert,

    Thanks for the reply. Waiting until the dust settles is fine. Just don't forget me. MS had control of my son's computer today for at least two hours and are calling back tomorrow. Not only is it the KB2919355 issue of not loading but now one of the security updates sent out yesterday for those without KB2919355 won't install either.

    Once you start comparing KBs, you should know that I have Office 2010 so those KBs may be different if you are using a different version of Office. Reminder, too, that I'm on a 32 bit system, if that makes a difference.

    Hope the dust settles soon :-)

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T19:18:44+00:00

    have the subfile or *.msu file KB2919355 installed but have yet to get the feature pack KB2952046 installed.

    @ Jim 

    I started off comparing what you have with what Mika with his fresh install showed.  Unfortunately it was only when I started comparing his with mine that I realized he must have a server!  In that case, it's surprising how closely they compared.  I never got around to comparing yours with mine.

    So, now that there are a whole lot more updates to consider, one of them a "roll up", I suggest we wait until after the dust settles from these and start over again then?

    Otherwise I can just give you the differences I noted from my first try FWIW.  The single asterisks are ones that you don't have.  The double asterisks are ones that we both don't have but I suspect are only needed for a server:

    <br><br><br>C:\Users\Rob\Downloads>findstr "^\*" "Mika Packages.txt" sort <br><br>* KB2862152                                       Security Update 20140705 <br><br>* KB2876331                                       Security Update 20140705 <br><br>* KB2884846                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2892074                                       Security Update 20140705 <br><br>* KB2894029                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2898514                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2898871                                       Security Update 20140705 <br><br>* KB2899189_Microsoft-Windows-CameraCodec-Package Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2902892                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2906956                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2908174                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2909210                                       Security Update 20140705 <br><br>* KB2909569                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2913760                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2917929                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2917993                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2919355                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2919907                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2922229                                       Security Update 20140705 <br><br>* KB2923300                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>* KB2929961                                       Security Update 20140705 <br><br>* KB2930275                                       Security Update 20140705 <br><br>* KB2936068                                       Security Update 20140705 <br><br>* KB2939087                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>** KB2898742                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>** KB2901101                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>** KB2911134                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>** KB2914218                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>** KB2964444                                       Security Update 20140705 <br><br>** KB2964757                                       Update          20140705 <br><br>** KB976002                                        Update          20140705

    What was really surprising about this exercise is how little sign of any sequence to these is apparent.  So, for that reason I think next time we can dispense with the sorting by InstalledOn "timestamp" (with its not so useful minutes granularity).   ; }

    HTH

    Robert


    In fact, I just dispensed with the sort as a post script.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T12:31:15+00:00

    For What It's Worth:

    I did a search of Microsoft Download Center for KB2919355 and compared results with my installed updates. It seems that Microsoft yesterday (patch Tuesday of May) issued two sets of security updates for Windows 8.1. One set for those without KB2913955 installed and a second set, not just one set for everyone. I have the subfile or *.msu file KB2919355 installed but have yet to get the feature pack KB2952046 installed. The security updates installed on my system yesterday were those of the second set. Evidently, only the subfile KB2919355 is necessary to insure future security updates and whether or not the feature packs are installed is not considered. Of course who knows what will happen if they issue updates to a feature pack someone has not been able to install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T00:43:04+00:00

    Hi Robert,

    Just wondering if you have any more tricks up your sleeve for me to try so that I can get the last feature pack kb2932046  installed?

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-10T23:01:42+00:00

    Yes, I had seen that. Thanks. I tried it and it did not work for me. I don't think the following is an issue but I'll mention it and let you decide.

    In Administrative Tools - System Information - I'm listed with OS Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center

    In Administrative Tools - System Configuration - My Boot tab lists current OS as Windows 7 ( my original machine)

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments