Windows 8.1 Feature Pack kb2932046 (part of kb2919355) won't install

Anonymous
2014-04-09T17:35:38+00:00

Tried downloading 8.1 update via Windows update on 8 March and kb2919355 failed to load citing corrupt or missing file. Went to Microsoft Download center and searched for kb2919355 which brought up several sub files. I was able to successfully download and install all but the kb2932046 . Any idea on how to get it to install?  I am on an original Windows 7 32 bit computer which has been upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and then to Windows 8.1, all via download. I thus have no DVD, USB etc to do a refresh, which I don't wish to do anyway. I've already tried the Updater Tool Fix and the DISM procedures suggested by Windows Update with no luck. As far as I know, I've not moved any directories. Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-19T00:49:42+00:00

    RSJR77

    There was a new update that came out shortly after the initial release of Update 1 so that could be the new file you are listing. I am on a 32 bit system so the number might be different. Iinstalled it and it took my Norton 360 completely down. Only way I could get Norton back was to uninstall that new update.

    My KB2932046 tries to install but fails at the end YET my system seems to be running correctly with all of the advertised features. Have you checked to see if your computer has any of the new features. If so, then maybe the history update is giving false info to the installer????

    Agreed, this is a mess.  I like the new features but this update has been a little on the frustrating side.

    I do have new features but I wouldn't know if I have them all. For example, the search symbol and power options are now next to my name in the top-right corner of the Start screen and when I add something in the search box a window drops below with suggestions to what I'm typing. Also, if I open an app and go all the way up to the top of the screen with the 'arrow' I now get a 'close' box and 'minimize' symbol in a ribbon at the very top right that expands across the very top of the screen. I'm not using a mouse so I haven't tried the improvements made via the updates for using a mouse and my laptop isn't a touch screen.

    -Cheers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-18T23:20:48+00:00

    RSJR77

    There was a new update that came out shortly after the initial release of Update 1 so that could be the new file you are listing. I am on a 32 bit system so the number might be different. Iinstalled it and it took my Norton 360 completely down. Only way I could get Norton back was to uninstall that new update.

    My KB2932046 tries to install but fails at the end YET my system seems to be running correctly with all of the advertised features. Have you checked to see if your computer has any of the new features. If so, then maybe the history update is giving false info to the installer????

    Agreed, this is a mess.  I like the new features but this update has been a little on the frustrating side.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-18T22:54:19+00:00

    I have installed KB2919442 first on 4/11/14 followed by KB2919355on 4/15/14. Both of these updates are listed in the History Updatelist in the control panel of my laptop.

    KB2932046, KB2937592, KB2938439 are the next KBs that must be installed in this order per Windows. Since my new HP Pavillion is a 64-bit laptop I clicked on Andre's KBlinks above under the Windows Update 8.1 x64 section. I clicked on KB2932046 as this is the next one needed to be downloaded. When I clicked on it I received a window saying that KB2932046 is alreadyinstalled. Same with KB2937592 and KB2938439 BUT these are NOT listed in the History Update list in my laptop.

    Also, per the Windows forum, KB2934018 would be the last KB to be downloaded. Why isn't KB2934018 listed in Andre's list above?

    This whole thing is just a mess. The clock is ticking. I regret giving Windows 8 a try.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-16T20:50:21+00:00

    Thanks, that was a big help.   kb2932046 is installed. Now, for the rest of them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-16T20:00:45+00:00

    Joe,

    If you go to Control Panel [right click bottom left corner] then Windows Update, you can click on View Update History and it will show you which kb file(s) installed, including your kb2932046. If you see yours installed, then you are in good shape. On that same screen, if you click on "installed updates" and go to the windows section, it will show only the kb number of the entire package that gets installed. I believe I also read that property someplace in a Microsoft Bulletin for kb2919355. I have not done any programming for some time so I'm not sure why a sub file and the package file would have the same number but there must be a reason. My problem is that the "package" kb2919355 is shown as installed (and seems to be working just fine) but I can tell via Windows Update and manual downloading that kb2932046 has never successfully installed. Wish I could help you more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments