But you do not understand why I started this thread in the first place. I started this conversation because Microsoft does not need to replace the entire program when they want to update a program and they just do not care about people that have to pay for data.
I am no idiot; I block all updates and do not do any until I go to a place with WiFi. It is a pain in the butt. At least I have a laptop so I can take it somewhere. I am not going to waste one byte of data I have to pay for on updates.
The last updates took 45 GB to install which is a huge amount of data. Almost all the updates are 2.5 GB each. It costs me over $6.00 in gas just to go where I can do updates. Some times it is not for weeks.
You start paying for data and see how you feel. You put yourself in the place of someone that lives in the middle of nowhere that has to do this.
If you work for Microsoft, you need to think more about the user.