how many data use in window update
WINDOWS UPDATE EXCESSIVE DATA USAGE IS INCONSIDERATE!!
I use a cellular connection to run my computer and have to pay for my data. Right now I have 5 GB of data a month and if I was to update my computer every time Windows wants to update it, I would run out of data even if I was not going to use my computer at all. I turned of automatic updates to control it , but it is very frustrating to do this. I have to take my laptop to the library in town just to do updates. I costs me $6.00 in gas just to go to town and back. I try not to go to town more than 2 times a month.
Why is it that Microsoft has no concern about the amount of data it requires to do updates. I chatted with some arrogant support person and he treated me like an idiot and said he was going to send me some trouble shooting that might help me. He never sent me anything and I know it is because if he sent the chat transcript, he would be fired when I reported him.
Right now it is requesting an update for .9 GB. The previous update was for 2.16 GB. It happens all the time.
I want to keep my computer up to date but Microsoft makes it very difficult to do so. There has to be a way to have updates that just change a small potion of a program with out consuming so much data.
GET IT TOGETHER MICROSOFT!!!!!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-09-13T21:56:36+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-02-18T14:47:36+00:00 Man. It took 40 minutes to be able to get here and give you a real help answer. I also spent the hard earned money for a new laptop and this was also happening to me plus they wanted to charge a horrendously expensive fee just to have my resume in word on my laptop. After I got so mad at my new laptop for this and beat it so hard the g key broke off I wound up purchasing an older model Dell laptop for $20 from Craigslist then installed Windows 2007 on it which allows you to work on your resume and stuff offline and works well without updates. My browser said it was no longer supported but I downloaded a firefox browser and it works well without needing to be updated all the time. Microsoft CEO wants bigger nontaxable performance bonus and could give a crap less about the customer who has to do without food and water to pay for their service. It will hurt to throw away your cool new laptop and get an older one but it will help your budget tremendously. See if you can find an HP used too. Dell is very slow.
-
Anonymous
2014-06-24T13:15:17+00:00 The sizes are shown when the update is offered on Windows Update. That is the only place unless you go to Windows Download and look for the individual updates.
Since the updates often just replace existing data, keeping track of the size will not necessarily tell you how much space is being used.
-
Anonymous
2014-06-24T05:48:39+00:00 Lead 3
Where do you find the size please. I went onto right click windows start>programs and features>view installed updates as shown in my question about 'lost update history'
BECAUSE I don't have a history anymore of update history (windows troubleshoot)
I would like to know where I can see this as I would like to keep a telly on what ?????MB or KBs are being used up or if someone can explain if it is different.
Thanks