This did not work for me. The group category went away completely.
Unable to send emails to Groups in Windows Live Mail
Original title: sending & receiving group contact emails
I don't understand why I cannot send emails to my group contacts, as I have done for many years. I tried it on another computer in the house today, using my husband's account, and it worked fine. On my own account, when I begin to type in the group name, for example "Fam," the full name "Family" will appear, I click on it, and it appears in the To line, as it should. It looks like it is ready to send, but it does not go. If I copy to my own email to see what happens, I am the only name on the sent message. This has been a problem for nearly a year, but now I need to use larger group mailings, and it is a bigger problem. What can I do? Both of our computers run Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. I have read some comments from the community about Windows Live Mail not supporting group contacts, but why does it allow the creation of group contacts if they cannot be used?
Thanks,
Ruth
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-07-15T15:06:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-07-15T15:09:22+00:00 This has just happened to me today and it is really irritating and taking more of my time than I have. I really need a solutiion! What is going on?
Has anyone found a solution?
Patsy
-
Anonymous
2014-07-15T16:08:38+00:00 Hi Patsy,
Thank you for visiting this thread. We understand the urgency and our apologies for the inconvenience. Like what I've said on my previous posts, we are aware of this issue and it has been escalated to our Support Escalation Engineers for investigation. We will update this thread once we have a resolution or if we need more information. Your patience is highly appreciated.
Regards.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-15T17:52:58+00:00 We understand the urgency ...
Helene, you can't be serious. You know very well that this bug has been present in Windows Live Mail since the introduction of the latest version two years ago. There has been absolutely no attempt to remedy the problem since it was first reported, so it's quite clear that no-one at your end understands the urgency.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-15T21:38:15+00:00 According to this thread, the problem has been going on for a while. I am surprised it is taking so long to fix. It appears to be happening after long time use of Windows Live Mail and is random. It is totally unacceptable to me and so , in the mean time I will look for another way to do email.
Patsy