Unable to send emails to Groups in Windows Live Mail

Anonymous
2014-06-19T20:37:21+00:00

Original title: sending & receiving group contact emails

I don't understand why I cannot send emails to my group contacts, as I have done for many years.  I tried it on another computer in the house today, using my husband's account, and it worked fine.  On my own account, when I begin to type in the group name, for example "Fam," the full name "Family" will appear, I click on it, and it appears in the To line, as it should.  It looks like it is ready to send, but it does not go.  If I copy to my own email to see what happens, I am the only name on the sent message.  This has been a problem for nearly a year, but now I need to use larger group mailings, and it is a bigger problem.  What can I do? Both of our computers run Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail.  I have read some comments from the community about Windows Live Mail not supporting group contacts, but why does it allow the creation of group contacts if they cannot be used?

Thanks,

Ruth

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-21T15:16:15+00:00

    I cannot find the Options command, so I can't get the Tools option; neither do I have the tools icon (nor the favorites or home icon), so I cannot see Snipping tool.  I also tried Control X but it did not give me the Tools option.

    Thanks,

    Ruth

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-21T17:03:47+00:00

    Hi Ruth,

    Thank you for the information. May we ask the operating system that you are using? And also, have you tried the steps that I've previously provided? What happens after you clicked the + sign. Did your contacts appear individually?

    We look forward to hearing from you.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-21T18:00:29+00:00

    When I typed in the + in the To space, nothing at all happened.  However, when I type in "Family" or any other group contact list, a + appears before the group name.  In neither case does any individual email address appear.

    We run Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail 2012.

    Thanks,

    Ruth

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-21T21:35:54+00:00

    Hi Ruth,

    Sorry for the confusion. Here are the steps that we want to confirm.

    1. On the To: field, put in or enter your Group Category
    2. On the Group Category name, you will see + icon.
    3. Please click on the +
    4. The complete list of email addresses will then appear.

    Did your contacts appear individually after clicking on the + beside the Group Category name?

    We'll wait for your reply.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-21T21:57:18+00:00

    No.  When I click on the +, the group name and the + both disappear.

    Thanks,

    Ruth

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments