Unable to send emails to Groups in Windows Live Mail

Anonymous
2014-06-19T20:37:21+00:00

Original title: sending & receiving group contact emails

I don't understand why I cannot send emails to my group contacts, as I have done for many years.  I tried it on another computer in the house today, using my husband's account, and it worked fine.  On my own account, when I begin to type in the group name, for example "Fam," the full name "Family" will appear, I click on it, and it appears in the To line, as it should.  It looks like it is ready to send, but it does not go.  If I copy to my own email to see what happens, I am the only name on the sent message.  This has been a problem for nearly a year, but now I need to use larger group mailings, and it is a bigger problem.  What can I do? Both of our computers run Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail.  I have read some comments from the community about Windows Live Mail not supporting group contacts, but why does it allow the creation of group contacts if they cannot be used?

Thanks,

Ruth

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-15T15:06:23+00:00

    This did not work for me.  The group category went away completely.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-15T00:03:34+00:00

    Thanks, Firedog. 

    I didn't know about the limit of 50 recipients.  I still have not been able to send to a group of 9!  I'm just glad people understand our frustration and are trying to help.

    Ruth

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-14T21:41:45+00:00

    Thanks Firedog.......explains a lot !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-13T09:26:42+00:00

    server response  452   too many recipients

    server    mail.btinternet.com

    The email in question is to 51 recipients ...

    You'll have to take that up with BT. The maximum number of addressees was reduced to 50 some time last year, although it's impossible to find any documentation for the limit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-13T07:48:31+00:00

    Helene,

    I have been watching this thread with interest.   I have the same problem...not being able to send group emails on Windows Live Mail..... and it has only just occurred.

    I have followed the instructions above, clicked on the + sign, and the complete list of addresses DO appear. I press Send and it goes into Error mode and the email goes into Outbox.  It cannot be sent from Outbox and stops me sending ANY other email.  To get out of Error mode I have to delete the emails in Outbox.  This info pops up to show the Error:

    server error  452

    server response  452   too many recipients

    server    mail.btinternet.com

    windows live mail error ID    0x800CCC6C

    protocol    SMTP

    port   25

    secure  (SSL)    No

    The email in question is to 51 recipients and I have had no trouble sending before.

    Any ideas please ?

    Thanks Tony.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments