Unable to send emails to Groups in Windows Live Mail

Anonymous
2014-06-19T20:37:21+00:00

Original title: sending & receiving group contact emails

I don't understand why I cannot send emails to my group contacts, as I have done for many years.  I tried it on another computer in the house today, using my husband's account, and it worked fine.  On my own account, when I begin to type in the group name, for example "Fam," the full name "Family" will appear, I click on it, and it appears in the To line, as it should.  It looks like it is ready to send, but it does not go.  If I copy to my own email to see what happens, I am the only name on the sent message.  This has been a problem for nearly a year, but now I need to use larger group mailings, and it is a bigger problem.  What can I do? Both of our computers run Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail.  I have read some comments from the community about Windows Live Mail not supporting group contacts, but why does it allow the creation of group contacts if they cannot be used?

Thanks,

Ruth

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-11T21:42:27+00:00

    Hi Ruth,

    Thank you for the update. Sorry to hear that they were disappeared. For this issue, our Support Escalation Engineers are still investigating on the query. Rest assured that this query will be taken care of and not for taken for granted. We will inform you once we received updates from them. Your patience is highly appreciated.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-11T19:45:45+00:00

    I have just tried it again.  I entered the group contact name, and a + appeared before it.  I clicked on the plus, and both the + and the category name disappeared.  What now?

    Ruth

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-11T19:38:42+00:00

    I will try this again and let you know.

    thanks,

    Ruth

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-11T17:03:25+00:00

    Hi Ruth and RebeccaMcSwain,

    Thank you for your replies. We appreciate your cooperation. Like my colleague said, we are already aware of this issue and it is still under investigation. The steps that we've provided are workarounds.

    We would like to verify if you have tried the steps that I've provided on the first page of this thread? If not yet, I will provide it here for assistance.

    1. Click on the To: field, choose the group/category
    2. Click on the (+) sign before the Category in the To: field.
    3. The complete list of email addresses will then appear and then click Send.

    We will inform you once we received updates from our Support Escalation Engineers.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-11T14:32:57+00:00

    I can see all the names, but it still only goes to the first two or three. HELP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments