How to fix a "X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing" error for DirectX11?

Anonymous
2014-02-16T03:17:57+00:00

I am currently running the 64 bit version of Windows 8 and I have attempted to install and play Skyrim on my computer. Whenever I try to launch Skyrim I get ad error message that says "X3DAudio.dll is missing from your computer. Reinstalling the program should fix this problem." I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim 4 times in an attempt to fix the problem. I have also attempted to re install DirectX but it does not look like that is possible. I'm almost positive that this single error is the only thing keeping me from playing Skyrim. If someone could help me solve this issue I would be extremely grateful. Any suggestions?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-16T16:14:16+00:00

Hi,

If you experience issues in which an application fails because of the missing file X3DAUDIO1_7.DLL, you may be able to resolve the failure by running the DirectX run-time package.

I would suggest you to download the the Runtime Package and then installing it.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

Also, you can diagnose basic problems with DirectX

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/diagnosing-problems-directx

Let us know if it helps. If the issue persists, we would be happy to help you further.

Was this answer helpful?

1000+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-08T04:32:05+00:00

    K so I opened dx setup within the folder I extracted  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109and let it run normally. Still didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-08T14:48:19+00:00

    Hi, 

    Do you still get the same "X3DAudio.dll " error ?

    If so, look for it in C:\Windows\System32 and verify that it is actually there...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-09T01:49:05+00:00

    Am i looking for the directx stuff? If so what file name... I'm sorry I'm very inexperienced.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-09T02:13:10+00:00

    Hi,

    The files that should have been installed by the DirectX Runtime are stored in

    C:\Windows\System32...

    I'm thinking you have the same missing file as mentioned in the title of the question...

    If this is the case, that is the file you want to look for...

    Don't worry about the .dll at the end... Just the main name "X3DAudio1_7"

    I'm trying to determine if there was a problem with the installation, or if Windows is having a problem with the file...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments