How to fix a "X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing" error for DirectX11?

Anonymous
2014-02-16T03:17:57+00:00

I am currently running the 64 bit version of Windows 8 and I have attempted to install and play Skyrim on my computer. Whenever I try to launch Skyrim I get ad error message that says "X3DAudio.dll is missing from your computer. Reinstalling the program should fix this problem." I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim 4 times in an attempt to fix the problem. I have also attempted to re install DirectX but it does not look like that is possible. I'm almost positive that this single error is the only thing keeping me from playing Skyrim. If someone could help me solve this issue I would be extremely grateful. Any suggestions?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-16T16:14:16+00:00

Hi,

If you experience issues in which an application fails because of the missing file X3DAUDIO1_7.DLL, you may be able to resolve the failure by running the DirectX run-time package.

I would suggest you to download the the Runtime Package and then installing it.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

Also, you can diagnose basic problems with DirectX

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/diagnosing-problems-directx

Let us know if it helps. If the issue persists, we would be happy to help you further.

Was this answer helpful?

1000+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-20T07:08:19+00:00

    Thanks for the link.  Helped me with the missing .dll.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-01T16:59:13+00:00

    where should this file be unpacked?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-02T00:54:24+00:00

    Hi,

    Any place you want...

    Just remember where it is... you need to double click DXSETUP to install the package...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-04T15:23:44+00:00

    This worked for me.  I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I was having trouble getting a Steam game to run.  Works great now.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments