How to fix a "X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing" error for DirectX11?

Anonymous
2014-02-16T03:17:57+00:00

I am currently running the 64 bit version of Windows 8 and I have attempted to install and play Skyrim on my computer. Whenever I try to launch Skyrim I get ad error message that says "X3DAudio.dll is missing from your computer. Reinstalling the program should fix this problem." I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim 4 times in an attempt to fix the problem. I have also attempted to re install DirectX but it does not look like that is possible. I'm almost positive that this single error is the only thing keeping me from playing Skyrim. If someone could help me solve this issue I would be extremely grateful. Any suggestions?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-16T16:14:16+00:00

Hi,

If you experience issues in which an application fails because of the missing file X3DAUDIO1_7.DLL, you may be able to resolve the failure by running the DirectX run-time package.

I would suggest you to download the the Runtime Package and then installing it.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

Also, you can diagnose basic problems with DirectX

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/diagnosing-problems-directx

Let us know if it helps. If the issue persists, we would be happy to help you further.

Was this answer helpful?

1000+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-03T10:59:24+00:00

    HELPFUL

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-07T06:08:10+00:00

    I was having this issue when trying to run the game PUBG.  I was finally able to fix this issue with these steps:

    1. Download the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from microsoft.com (you can search for this in the support)
    2. Try just running this first and see if that fixes the problem.
    3. It didn't work for me so I went to my System32 folder and deleted the x3daudio1_7.dll file that was in there.
    4. Then I ran the installer above and ran the game, but I got a new missing .dll file: XAPOFX1_5.dll
    5. So again, I went to the System32 folder and deleted this file.
    6. I ran the installer one more time and my game started working perfectly.

    Seems like those to .dll files were corrupted or something.

    Hope this helps someone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more