How to fix a "X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing" error for DirectX11?

Anonymous
2014-02-16T03:17:57+00:00

I am currently running the 64 bit version of Windows 8 and I have attempted to install and play Skyrim on my computer. Whenever I try to launch Skyrim I get ad error message that says "X3DAudio.dll is missing from your computer. Reinstalling the program should fix this problem." I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim 4 times in an attempt to fix the problem. I have also attempted to re install DirectX but it does not look like that is possible. I'm almost positive that this single error is the only thing keeping me from playing Skyrim. If someone could help me solve this issue I would be extremely grateful. Any suggestions?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-16T16:14:16+00:00

Hi,

If you experience issues in which an application fails because of the missing file X3DAUDIO1_7.DLL, you may be able to resolve the failure by running the DirectX run-time package.

I would suggest you to download the the Runtime Package and then installing it.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

Also, you can diagnose basic problems with DirectX

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/diagnosing-problems-directx

Let us know if it helps. If the issue persists, we would be happy to help you further.

Was this answer helpful?

1000+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-15T14:58:59+00:00

    Hey there, 

    I'm getting a similar issue, except the missing DLL file is in the System32 directory. Different applications produce the same error with different missing dll files which are actually present.

    Furthermore, I cannot reinstall DirectX as everything is up to date.  Any thoughts on this?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-09T02:13:10+00:00

    Hi,

    The files that should have been installed by the DirectX Runtime are stored in

    C:\Windows\System32...

    I'm thinking you have the same missing file as mentioned in the title of the question...

    If this is the case, that is the file you want to look for...

    Don't worry about the .dll at the end... Just the main name "X3DAudio1_7"

    I'm trying to determine if there was a problem with the installation, or if Windows is having a problem with the file...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-06T00:51:18+00:00

    Hi,

    This file is part of DirectX Runtime June 2010, which is a optional update that a lot of games need.

    Even my Lexmark printer requires it... I will include a link to the full installer...

    It  mostly consists of DirectX 9 and 10 files..

    This is a self extracting package. It will extract after double clicking on it so be sure to note the location where you\it extracted.

    Then open the folder and double click DXSETUP.

    This is the same file that was previously mentioned, and should work.

    I have visually confirmed that the file you need is there...

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

    Sadly this did not work. I still can't launch multiple games on steam

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-20T07:08:19+00:00

    Thanks for the link.  Helped me with the missing .dll.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments