Scult ergonomic keyboard numberpad stopped responding

Anonymous
2014-01-20T12:29:32+00:00

Hi,

I have a new microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard. It comes with a separate number pad, which after working perfectly in the current set-up, suddenly ceased working. No input from the numberpad is received by the computer (numbers, num lock, calculator, delete etc).

I have a Dell U2312HM VGA screen with USB adaptors, which I have the keyboard and mouse USB receivers plugged into.

The USB ports work with other devices.

The keyboard itself still works, just not the numberpad.

The numberpad still doesn't work if I have the USB receiver plugged directly into the laptop.

The drivers are up to date (Apr 2013)

This set-up worked perfectly for the first month. Unfortunately I didn't notice exactly when the numberpad ceased working, so I don't know if something specific triggered it, but the set-up has not been changed in any obvious way.

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5742, Intel i3 CPU, M370@2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 64 bit OS

Running: Windows 7 Home Premium, SP 1.

The most obvious thing is a battery issue - but it's a special flat battery, clearly not designed to be changed often, and the keyboard is less than 3 months old, I would be surprised if the battery had run down already. The AAA batteries in the keyboard section are still working fine!

Any suggestions very gratefully received.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-05-25T09:28:16+00:00

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Did you try using suggestions provided in the previous post?

I would suggest you to try using steps provided in this Microsoft knowledge based article and check if it helps.

Refer:

Troubleshoot wired keyboards that don't respond or that type wrong characters

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258826

I would also suggest you to install the latest software from the following link and check if it helps.

Refer this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads#keyboard

I hope this helps.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-03T05:43:41+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for your response.

    Did you try using other suggestions provided in all the previous posts?

    Please also follow other suggestions and reply with results.

    We will be glad to assist you further.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-02T17:48:01+00:00

    I am running Windows 8.1 with same issue, so this recommended hotfix does not apply to me.  My keypad worked the first day I used it, now on the 2nd day it will not respond.  Keyboard & mouse work fine.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-29T06:26:44+00:00

    Hello Steven,

    Thank you for your response.

    I would suggest you to run hotfix provided in this article and check.

    Refer:

    Some function keys or keyboard shortcuts do not work correctly on a computer that is running Windows 7

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975741

    I hope this information helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-28T12:39:28+00:00

    Ratandeep,having the same exact issue.  Got a second keyboard, removed & reinstalled drivers and no response from the 10 key.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments