None of these are working, and when I try to do the following:
DISM.exe /Online/Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
it says this operation failed.
Is there a way to find out what file is corrupted?
Jay
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have been trying to install the KB2919355 update several times, but it will not install. I have three PC's all running the same Windows 8.1 Pro with a volume license. it has installed on two of them, but not the third. It has failed to install 24 times. Any suggestions on how to get this to install?
Jay
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
None of these are working, and when I try to do the following:
DISM.exe /Online/Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
it says this operation failed.
Is there a way to find out what file is corrupted?
Jay
Hello Jay,
Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue.
I understand that the issue is still not resolved.
However, Microsoft recommends installing all the Windows updates as these updates contain bug fixes and keep your computer up to date.
This update includes the following new features and improvements:
a. Enables a more familiar mouse and keyboard functionality for modern apps and controls.
b. Improves the web application compatibility of the Internet Explorer 8 emulation mode in Internet Explorer 11 F12 Developer Tools.
c. Increases performance and reliability when you use multi-display configurations for portrait-first device experiences.
For reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2919355
You may try following steps and check if it helps.
a. Click on “Start” and type “cmd” (without the quotations).
b. When you see the “cmd” icon, Right Click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
c. On the open Command Prompt window copy and paste the commands (all at once):
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
pause
d. Wait for the process to complete.
e. Close the Command Prompt.
Now, go to Windows updates and check.
I hope this helps.
Thank you
Thank you for the reply, unfortunately none of these worked. I believe the error code is 0x800F08F. Are there any other options? If this update is necessary, and from what I've read it is, I may just back up my files, format the hard drive, and reinstall everything. I don't know if that will correct this problem, but rather than spend hours trying to fix this I often find the reinstall takes less time and cleans up everything that may have been corrupted over time.
Jay
Hello Jay,
Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community forum.
I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.
Do you receive any error message or code when you try to install KB2919355 update?
I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.
Method 1:
Run Windows update troubleshooter. Please use these steps:
a. Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
b. Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
c. In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
d. Click on “Windows Update”.
e. Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
f. Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
If it does not help, then use method 2.
Method 2:
Reset Windows update components and check.
Refer this article:
How do I reset Windows Update components?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
If issue still persists, then use method 3.
Method 3:
If that does not help, run the following DISM command from an elevated command prompt and see if the patch will install after you run the DISM command.
a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt(administrator).
b. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each command.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
c. To close command prompt window, type exit and then press Enter.
Note: This tool ideally takes 15 minutes to complete but sometimes it takes longer. Please do not click on Cancel once completed, try to install the update.
I hope this information helps.
Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thank you