Windows Update KB2919355

Anonymous
2014-05-04T19:51:54+00:00

I have been trying to install the KB2919355 update several times, but it will not install.  I have three PC's all running the same Windows 8.1 Pro with a volume license.  it has installed on two of them, but not the third.  It has failed to install 24 times.  Any suggestions on how to get this to install?

Jay

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-12T10:14:57+00:00

    The results are:

    running appwiz.cpl brings me to programs and features and this update does not have the option to uninstall. (I said that in my previous post)

    running C:\WINDOWS$NtUninstallKB 2919442-v3$\spuninst\spuninst.exe  from the command prompt (admin) returns that this command "is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file". 

    I am going to try to run a system restore to the date prior this update being installed and see if I can then install it manually. 

    There is so much online about this update being a problem that it would seem Microsoft would recognize this and create a fix. 

    Jay

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-12T09:04:39+00:00

    Hello Jay,

    Thank you for the reply.

    You may try to uninstall the update from "view installed updates" window. Please follow these steps:

    a. Press Windows + R keys, type appwiz.cpl in run window and press Enter.

    b. Click view installed updates.

    c. Right click the update and click uninstall.

    If it does not help, then please follow steps below:

    a. Press Windows + X keys and select command prompt(administrator).

    b. Type the following command in the command prompt window and press Enter.

    C:\WINDOWS$NtUninstallKB 2919442-v3$\spuninst\spuninst.exe 

    Please reply with results so that we can assist you further.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-11T12:49:35+00:00

    In order for KB2919355 to install you must first install KB2919442.  I thought maybe I could uninstall that update, reinstall it, and then it might work.  When I go to the list of updates and select KB2919442 the option to uninstall is not available.  Every other update can be uninstalled, but not this one.  and when I try to reinstall it again, hoping to overwrite the existing update that does not work either.  There must be something corrupted with that update that prevents KB2010355 from installing. 

    Is there a way to remove updates other than through "programs and features"?  I am giving this another few days, but then I'm going to format and reinstall everything.  So far I have already spent more time trying to fix this that it would take to reinstall!!  All of suggestions above do not work!

    jay

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-06T05:30:24+00:00

    Hello Jay and Ellis,

    Ellis, thank you for your input.

    I hope your suggestions help other community members to resolve similar issues.

    Jay, thank you for your response.

    Please refer to suggestions from John Rubdy replied on December 5, 2012

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_update/dismexe-online-cleanup-image-restore-health-failed/668ef107-5f4c-4959-ba93-76d052452315

    I hope this information helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-05T22:49:40+00:00

    Come on Microsoft admit it the Windows 8.1 (6.3.9600 Build 9600) update KB2919335 has problems. I have an HPZ820 computer  with a dual boot, to Windows 7 from a second drive and have tried everything to install this update. I have installed the update with no problems on two low end PC’s with an EFI partion (see end of message).

    The following are some of the things I have tried.

    1. Updated the bios
    2. Did a refresh of Windows 8.1  keeping my programs
    3. Tried different boot options

        2 Boot Logging

        8 Early Malware logging

        1 Enable debugging

    4  Enable safe mode

    The computer rebooted each time to the UEFI Boot options screen and seemed to ignore the mode selected.

    1. I ran the repair mode where you enter your password the computer rebooted back into the old 8.1

    I think the problem lies in the initial boot process. There has to be a bug there, because I never get to the dual boot screen asking which version of Windows I want to run. It means there is nothing wrong with the Windows files because it is not running an operating system as it never gets to that point.

    All the solutions are irrelevant because Windows does not even get a chance to start. My Windows 8.1 runs fine, so the update is messing up the boot file stopping a boot.

    My computer has a UEFI bios but on checking Windows System Information “Bios Mode” it is using the legacy bios. There is no  EFI partition on my HD. Is this the problem that the new update requires an EFI partion on the HD. The Boot Option screen is part of UEFI, because I am running a legacy  bios are the options mostly irrelevant.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments