Windows Update KB2919355

Anonymous
2014-05-04T19:51:54+00:00

I have been trying to install the KB2919355 update several times, but it will not install.  I have three PC's all running the same Windows 8.1 Pro with a volume license.  it has installed on two of them, but not the third.  It has failed to install 24 times.  Any suggestions on how to get this to install?

Jay

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-15T05:02:11+00:00

    Hello Jay,

    Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

    I am glad that you managed to fix the issue.

    I appreciate your efforts.

    Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T21:14:21+00:00

    Just to finish this off, apparently the only fix if this update will not install is to format your hard drive and reinstall the OS.  I did that today and although this update took a while it did install.  Now I can continue to get updates from Microsoft.  The complete reinstall (and all the updates that have to be installed again) took about two hours, so depending on the value of your time this may be a quicker solution, as long as you have your files backed up, and software to reinstall. 

    Jay

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-13T05:39:37+00:00

    Hello Jay,

    Thank you for your response.

    I understand that you will format the hard drive and reinstall Windows.

    However, I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any type of operating system repair, upgrade or reinstallation.

    Please keep us informed whether issue is resolved or not.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-12T21:16:46+00:00

    Tried to do a system restore this afternoon, but the earliest restore point is only a week ago, and I need to go back to mid-March.  So once again I've hit a dead end.  Unbelievable that I can't find any solution and the engineers at Microsoft can't come up with a solution.  I can't be the only one out here with this problem.

    I will be formatting and installing fresh over the weekend.

    Jay

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-12T10:26:51+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for the update.

    I appreciate your efforts.

    Please keep us updated on the status of the issue after performing system restore and manually installing the update.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments