Windows Update KB2919355

Anonymous
2014-05-04T19:51:54+00:00

I have been trying to install the KB2919355 update several times, but it will not install.  I have three PC's all running the same Windows 8.1 Pro with a volume license.  it has installed on two of them, but not the third.  It has failed to install 24 times.  Any suggestions on how to get this to install?

Jay

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-20T06:04:37+00:00

    Hello MB,

    Thank you for the reply.

    It is very unfortunate that none of the suggestions provided in the previous posts help.

    As you have done almost everything, I would suggest you to refresh windows and check.

    Refer this article:

    How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

    Note: Apps you installed from websites and DVDs will be removed. Apps that came with your PC and apps you installed from the Windows Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-19T17:54:01+00:00

    Dear Ratandeep,

    Thanks for your feed-back.

    KB2919442 was installed in March.

    I have understood that the notepad file should be saved "AS .bat" (and not AND .bat), and I proceeded all the suggested steps.

    I regret to inform you that once again, that does not work.

    FYI, the various steps and messages as they appear on the screen during the process (and in brakets the approx. time it took for each):

    • Downloading and installing KB2919355 (45 mn, in spite of a highspeed internet connexion and no other running application)
    • Restart your computer; Configuring W updates; Don't turn off your comp'; x% complete (15 mn)
    • Start screen (like when turning on the PC) (1mn)
    • Preparing to configure Windows; Don't turn off your comp' (10 mn)
    • Failure configuring W updates; Undoing changes (15mn)
    • Start screen (1 to 2 mn)
    • Preparing to config' W; then, Failure configuring W, undoing changes, don't turn off... (15mn)

    Finaly PC restarted.

    All these steps took me more time that in the previous tentatives....

    Very frustrating.

    MB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-19T05:30:10+00:00

    Hello MB,

    Thank you for the update.

    Please make sure that you have install KB2919442 update and then try to install KB2919355 update.

    Refer:

    Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2919442)

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42162

    Also, use these steps and check the issue.

    a. Press Windows + R keys, type notepad in run window and press Enter.

    b. In notepad, please copy and paste all the following commands and save the notepad and .bat file on desktop.

     net stop wuauserv

     cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution

     ren Download Download.old

     net start wuauserv

     net stop bits

     net start bits

     net stop cryptsvc

     cd %systemroot%\system32

     ren catroot2 catroot2old

     net start cryptsvc

    c. Right click .bat file and click run as administrator.

    d. Click ok when message appears as "successful".

    I hope this information helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-18T17:39:45+00:00

    Many thanks Jay, for your encouragements.

    I had to reinstall all my system (a first failure of W8) in last December, and it took me a full week-end to re-install and customize all.

    The problem is not so much saving the files, but that with these new stupid W8 and Office 2013, you have to re-customize every thing, and this is very time consumming.

    IMPORTANT For the people who are not aware: check the language availability of the W8 and MS Office package when you buy it; depending the country only a few languages are available, e.g. I cannot have Windows or Office menus in English!! and as the translation should have been through google translator, I let you imagine the strange results.... ;(

    Well, like you I would prefer not having to change for Apple, but I might think twice next time...

    Thanks again

    MB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments