Well here it is then: https://skydrive.live.com/?v=FirstRunView#cid=79C8E715973DEF9C&id=79C8E715973DEF9C%21107
Restored Computer, Missing Drivers, Cannot Connect to Internet
So I bought a desktop computer running Windows XP from a friend of mine. He wiped it clean before giving it to me and upon logging in I found that I could not connect to the internet. I'm pretty sure the reasoning for this is that some of the drivers were lost after resetting. I have tried different programs and methods in order to restore them but nothing has worked. I would really appreciate some help, thanks a ton.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2013-11-20T00:34:36+00:00 -
LemP 74,985 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2013-11-20T05:22:43+00:00 Unfortunately, the link you provided results in "This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to access it."
Log in to your Skydrive, right-click on the file, click on Sharing, click on "Get a link" and finally click on the "Create" button below "View only Anyone with this link can see the files you share."
After you click the "Create" button, you should see this:
-
Anonymous
2013-11-20T08:50:29+00:00 I'm not exactly sure what you mean. You mean check on my computer if it is disabled? It's working fine on other computers like the one I'm writing if that's what you mean.
Hi Sam,
If wireless works on another machine, then your router is already configured properly and you don't need to go to its setup menu.
But to reiterate, on the machine which is having the problem, the network adapter is integrated into the motherboard. Here's a pix of it taken from the manual. Figure #5 points to it and details can be seen at the bottom.
Can you connect with a wired connection? If not, go into the BIOS menu and check to make sure the network adapter hasn't been disabled.
I downloaded the motherboard menu and it's called Realtek Lan device and it's located in the Integrated Peripherals menu.
You can download the manual from here: http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/
If however you can connect to the Internet using a LAN cable, but not wirelessly, then the problem lies with your Windows setup and you need to follow the troubleshooting steps in the link I gave you earlier.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-20T14:57:12+00:00 So neither of those lights are on but there is however two lit, green lights next to three little cable things. Not sure if that is anything related to this issue. My setup is far away from from my router in my house and there is not cable going up for it. If it would help I could haul everything down to where my router is and plug it in there.