My bad, here you go: http://sdrv.ms/I4aV7E
Restored Computer, Missing Drivers, Cannot Connect to Internet
So I bought a desktop computer running Windows XP from a friend of mine. He wiped it clean before giving it to me and upon logging in I found that I could not connect to the internet. I'm pretty sure the reasoning for this is that some of the drivers were lost after resetting. I have tried different programs and methods in order to restore them but nothing has worked. I would really appreciate some help, thanks a ton.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2013-11-20T05:26:24+00:00 -
LemP 74,985 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2013-11-20T05:22:43+00:00 Unfortunately, the link you provided results in "This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to access it."
Log in to your Skydrive, right-click on the file, click on Sharing, click on "Get a link" and finally click on the "Create" button below "View only Anyone with this link can see the files you share."
After you click the "Create" button, you should see this:
-
Anonymous
2013-11-20T00:34:36+00:00 Well here it is then: https://skydrive.live.com/?v=FirstRunView#cid=79C8E715973DEF9C&id=79C8E715973DEF9C%21107
-
LemP 74,985 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2013-11-20T00:19:30+00:00 TIP:
To avoid further unnecessary back and forth (there is far too much already in this thread), run msinfo32.exe, then click File > Save.
Upload the *.NFO file to Skydrive (log in with the same username/password used to log in to this forum) or any other file sharing website of your choice and share it. Use "Get a link" and then post the link in your reply here.
As ElderL has said many times,
Unfortunately, even the new MS Answers forums implementation does not prompt for any system information when a new question is asked, so we know absolutely nothing about your system.
Not knowing fundamental information about a problem prolongs the frustration and agony of resolving these issues but that is the way they choose to run things here.
Thank you MS Answers owners, for continuing to make the resolution of simple problems as frustrating and time consuming as possible.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-19T23:32:35+00:00 I'm not exactly sure what you mean. You mean check on my computer if it is disabled? It's working fine on other computers like the one I'm writing if that's what you mean.