SHA2 support on Nokia C5,E71 and E72?

Anonymous
2014-01-09T08:02:11+00:00

Hi

Our company has resently renewed our external certifcate for Exchange active sync. The certificate is SHA2 signed.

From that day Nokia C5,E71 and E72 models stopped syncing.

I belive that it has to do with the SHA2 signing algoritm, and I just want to get that confirmed or confirmation that it isn´t that that causes the communication issues.

Thanks in advance

/J

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T17:11:12+00:00

    Many thx, immediately after install I got access with my E72 to my email account which didn't work for a while now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-08T09:46:55+00:00

    I can receive now emails, but still can't send them.... Configuration is check and correct. Any further ideal on this ?

    BTW for the file networking_improvements.sis, Is there a changelog ? and who did release it ?

    Regards

    apollo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-09T11:55:59+00:00

    apollo567 wrote:

    I can receive now emails, but still can't send them.... Configuration is check and correct. Any further ideal on this ?

     

    BTW for the file networking_improvements.sis, Is there a changelog ? and who did release it ?

     

    Regards

    apollo


    Tried both http://dl.nokia.com/ns/symfix/networking_improvements.SIS and http://www.traud.de/ta/ ? they are all required.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-11T08:55:50+00:00

    I cannot get this working on Nokia E5, do you have to install http://dl.nokia.com/ns/symfix/networking_improvements.SIS and download new root certs? Also would this be related to HTTPS requests failing since the server cert upgraded to 2048 from 1024 bit?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-03-11T09:07:44+00:00

    please, create a new thread and there give us the name of your E-mail provider. If it is a private company account, you can send me a private message (via my profile here). Then, I have a look if I see something on the first glance. Because receiving works now, the issue must be something else than SHA-2. Therefore, that new thread (not to bloat this one here).

    @smf1 same for you, please: We need the server address(es) of your E-mail provider. Here with my Symbian/S60 devices, I do no have any issue with 2048 bit keys/certificates. Therefore, I doubt this is the cause. If you have problems not just with E-mail (IMAP/SMTP) but Web (HTTPs) as well, we need at least one concrete example webpage to investigate.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments