SHA2 support on Nokia C5,E71 and E72?

Anonymous
2014-01-09T08:02:11+00:00

Hi

Our company has resently renewed our external certifcate for Exchange active sync. The certificate is SHA2 signed.

From that day Nokia C5,E71 and E72 models stopped syncing.

I belive that it has to do with the SHA2 signing algoritm, and I just want to get that confirmed or confirmation that it isn´t that that causes the communication issues.

Thanks in advance

/J

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-08T09:46:55+00:00

    I can receive now emails, but still can't send them.... Configuration is check and correct. Any further ideal on this ?

    BTW for the file networking_improvements.sis, Is there a changelog ? and who did release it ?

    Regards

    apollo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T17:11:12+00:00

    Many thx, immediately after install I got access with my E72 to my email account which didn't work for a while now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T17:07:08+00:00

    pjw724 wrote:

    On first access the browser prompted me whether to save the 'new' certificate to the phone, and it did.


    If you want to avoid that (FastMail has installed their DigiCert certificate in an incompatible way), please, continue there…

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T15:59:06+00:00

    apollo567 wrote:

    Hello,

     

    where can I download this network improvement sis file, my russion is somewhat of not existent...

     

    Regards

    apollo


    http://dl.nokia.com/ns/symfix/networking_improvements.SIS

    On my E73 it displayed "Application not compatible with phone. Continue anyway?".  I continued, it did install, and I was then able to access the SHA2 sites, including IMAP and WebDAV servers (fastmail.com).  On first access the browser prompted me whether to save the 'new' certificate to the phone, and it did.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T15:42:02+00:00

    Hello,

    where can I download this network improvement sis file, my russian is somewhat of not existent...

    Regards

    apollo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments