SHA2 support on Nokia C5,E71 and E72?

Anonymous
2014-01-09T08:02:11+00:00

Hi

Our company has resently renewed our external certifcate for Exchange active sync. The certificate is SHA2 signed.

From that day Nokia C5,E71 and E72 models stopped syncing.

I belive that it has to do with the SHA2 signing algoritm, and I just want to get that confirmed or confirmation that it isn´t that that causes the communication issues.

Thanks in advance

/J

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-08T20:39:00+00:00

    It looks like Microsoft uses some bots which write thanksgivings to the company for things which it didn't do.

    For phones with S60 3rd Edition FP1 the problem stay unsolved 

    The solution for E-72 was found by Nokia while it still was Nokia (or there stayed some people from Nokia).

    The answer that we can use Opera to enter mailbox is not your solution, it is just a way we can manage out-of-date software, though the phone suggests not to use third parties applications as it can damage it.

    I realise that fixing of this problem can be cost-intensive for you, I don't mind. 

    But you'd better do not write such sympathetic feedbacks instead of answering that you have not solution. It looks is really sorrowful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-08T09:06:25+00:00

    Thank you very much for sharing this file with us, I have been searching for months some link which could possibly help me to solve my problem with e-mail and wi-fi connection. I have a Nokia E-72 and did hard reset many times, but nothing worked till now, after installing this Network Improvements.sis file through my Nokia Suite using Bluetooth, funny enough this webpage from Microsoft only popped out in my screen today (I have seen many others from Microsoft before).

    Thanks a lot

    Best wishes

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-03T12:06:24+00:00

    Did NOKIA do anything for updating the E71?

    If yes, where to download?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-03T11:54:05+00:00

    A) use a proxy based Internet browser, like Opera Mini

    Will Opera Mini also help with Mail for Exchange or is it only good for email in the browser?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-08-06T15:18:41+00:00

    the default E-mail solution in my phone (E71) stopped working [with Gmail]

    In your case, the certificates do not help. You would need that SIS. Since July 2015, Google and Gmail switched to SHA-2(56) and disconnected millions of devices, although alternatives like ‘ECDSA/SHA-2 + RSA/SHA-1’ do exist. The Nokia E71 is based on Symbian/S60 Feature Pack 1 and does not support SHA-2 or this SIS. I am not aware of any workaround except to

    A) use a proxy based Internet browser, like Opera Mini

    B) update to a newer phone – at least with Symbian/S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 or newer, like the Nokia E72 or Nokia E6

    If you use additional E-mail providers which do not work anymore either, please, name them. Then, I double-check whether it is the same cause. If the cause is different, there could be a workaround.

    I have installed Opera Mini on my Nokia E71. I now use it to access my gmail account, which works properly. Thanks a lot for your tip.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments