It's a pity that there is no solution
Nevertheless thank you Abi!
Regarding other email providers, I think this problem requires complex solution, preferably from Microsoft(Nokia), instead of local fixing which is likely temporary.
Regards,
Nic
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
Our company has resently renewed our external certifcate for Exchange active sync. The certificate is SHA2 signed.
From that day Nokia C5,E71 and E72 models stopped syncing.
I belive that it has to do with the SHA2 signing algoritm, and I just want to get that confirmed or confirmation that it isn´t that that causes the communication issues.
Thanks in advance
/J
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It's a pity that there is no solution
Nevertheless thank you Abi!
Regarding other email providers, I think this problem requires complex solution, preferably from Microsoft(Nokia), instead of local fixing which is likely temporary.
Regards,
Nic
the default E-mail solution in my phone (E71) stopped working [with Gmail]
In your case, the certificates do not help. You would need that SIS. Since
switched to SHA-2(56) and disconnected millions of devices, although alternatives like ‘ECDSA/SHA-2 + RSA/SHA-1’ do exist. Phone models like
are based on Symbian/S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 and do neither support SHA-2 nor this SIS. I am not aware of any workaround except to
A) use a proxy based Internet browser, like Opera Mini
B) change to a newer phone, like the Nokia E72 or Nokia E6
If you use additional E-mail providers which do not work anymore either, please, name them. Then, I double-check whether it is the same cause. If the cause is different, there could be a workaround.
He there
I faced recently (about two weeks ago) the same problem. All of a sudden the default email solution in my phone (E71) stopped working. Installed email programs, like profimail, nokia mail, mfe, doesn't work too with gmail. Besides the default browser in the phone doesn't open secured page with access to gmail, unlike opera.
Could you advise me how to fix this problem if this possible?
I read above that network improvement sis (which doesn’t run on my phone) should be installed and all the certificates collected here http://www.traud.de/ta/. Do I really need all of them?
Regards
Nic
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more