Unable to connect properly to Eduroam wi-fi

Anonymous
2013-11-15T17:49:15+00:00

My University (UWE) uses eduroam for its Wi-Fi. My Surface 2 (all updates in place as of 15th November) is unable to stay connected to this service and sometimes it won't find it at all. Have tried refreshing the Surface and all forms of manual logins

  • my ITS department is also stumped. MS - please update our drivers to prevent this from happening. The Surface is the perfect Student device and many universities use eduroam and the web is awash with problems like mine, but currently I would be unable to recommend a Surface to my colleagues or students.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-13T14:48:29+00:00

    Has anybody tried reinstalling Windows, rather than just refreshing, to see if that helps? I may try it early next week when I have some time off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-13T19:00:43+00:00

    I am having the same issues with my Surface Pro (ver 1). I've had these issues with Win 8, and continue having them with Win 8.1. Just like some of the other people, Eduroam seems to work fine in some locations, but not in others. If this is a driver issue than it would be great if that could be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-15T13:05:15+00:00

    I've now upgraded to 8.1 and turned off the automatic updates.  The drive is still 5/3/13 and eduroam is still working for me.  So in my situation, it is something that has taken place after 5/3/13.

    I'm going to leave my installation as-is for the time being until a solution is found.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-15T13:06:44+00:00

    I did a complete reinstall.  I used the function available to reset the surfrace back to its original state.  It essentially re-images the entire machine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-15T13:10:22+00:00

    I'm going to leave my installation as-is for the time being until a solution is found.

    And that should happen really soon! Disabling updates and using old drivers is nothing I'd like to see on a >1000$ device from the OS manufacturer itself...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments