Thanks for your input, sadly it doesn't work for me - our university's it support insists that this is due to an error in the windows 8.1 wlan driver...
I'm still hoping to find a solution!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My University (UWE) uses eduroam for its Wi-Fi. My Surface 2 (all updates in place as of 15th November) is unable to stay connected to this service and sometimes it won't find it at all. Have tried refreshing the Surface and all forms of manual logins
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks for your input, sadly it doesn't work for me - our university's it support insists that this is due to an error in the windows 8.1 wlan driver...
I'm still hoping to find a solution!
Try the setting on page 3 of this PDF: www.**ntu**.ac.uk/information_systems/document_uploads/133107.pdf
In your network settings find 'Protected EAP Properties', make the changes suggested but with your institution's address, and see if it works - I think it may have sorted me out at least in some parts of my Unit (UWE). Let me know if it works.
I can confirm the problem, can't connect my Surface Pro 2 either.
After entering my credentials it's trying to connect but fails after some time. Everyone around me CAN use the wireless network with their cheap tablets and laptops but Microsoft's top product is useless?!
Please fix that soon!
Thanks, Tadasha. However, I have already tried all online tutorials and all generic MS advice. This appears to be a driver issue rather than a set up issue and is specifically related to eduroam as all other networks I've tested are fine. It could be due to the security that eduroam uses (this is my IT department's theory). What I would like from MS is a response that suggests you've looked at this particular issue and can provide some useful advice for eduroam not a generic problem.
Perhaps it would help if I described the problem in more detail.
Just to stress a few things 1) Network signal is always strong; 2) the Surface usually says it's connected even when it doesn't work; 3) the Surface 2 works well on all other networks; 4) someone using an iPad next setting right next to me has no connection problems.
Thanks in advance.
Hi David,
I would suggest you to refer to the following article and follow the steps given.
Can’t connect to a wireless network
You can also refer to the following article and check for the possible causes.
Why can’t I find a wireless network?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/cant-find-wireless-network
Let us know if you have any further queries related to the issue. We would be happy to help you further.