If it works with an old driver it could also work with a new one => fix still required.
Period.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My University (UWE) uses eduroam for its Wi-Fi. My Surface 2 (all updates in place as of 15th November) is unable to stay connected to this service and sometimes it won't find it at all. Have tried refreshing the Surface and all forms of manual logins
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
If it works with an old driver it could also work with a new one => fix still required.
Period.
I remember following that tutorial, but I must've messed up somewhere, because having tried it again, it finally worked! Thanks for the link. I can confirm that 14.69.17064.93 works on the Surface Pro 2. There still appears to be no solution for RT users.
The 14.69.17064.93 driver is the one that works for me. I have also tested the latest driver and they are not working. Make sure you delete the driver when uninstalling. I sometimes have to restart and other times it works immediately.
I've tested at other Universities in Western Australia and it works.
University of Waterloo IST staff told me to revert the network driver to 14.69.17064.93. After that, my Surface pro 2 can connect to eduroam. (Of course, you have to manually setup the connection first.)
Again, no use for RT a drivers can't be manually changed...
Have you manually setup the wireless connection? Here's a tutorial from UW website: https://uwaterloo.ca/information-systems-technology/services/eduroam-wireless-network/connecting-eduroam-wireless-network/windows-81
Ask the IT staff in your university for a similiar tutorial... And yeah, you have to use 14.69.17064.93 driver. New driver won't work.