Although useful (for the people who can actually benefit from them), those discussions are off-topic here and should be done on an appropriate thread.
Unable to connect properly to Eduroam wi-fi
My University (UWE) uses eduroam for its Wi-Fi. My Surface 2 (all updates in place as of 15th November) is unable to stay connected to this service and sometimes it won't find it at all. Have tried refreshing the Surface and all forms of manual logins
- my ITS department is also stumped. MS - please update our drivers to prevent this from happening. The Surface is the perfect Student device and many universities use eduroam and the web is awash with problems like mine, but currently I would be unable to recommend a Surface to my colleagues or students.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-08-05T11:14:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-08-05T10:09:07+00:00 You are correct I was responding to individuals who have posted regarding the pro models such as http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/cb56933b-da2d-42f8-b08a-9f95c038bb33 further up the thread. Surface rt is a much different matter and good luck with getting help for it.
-
Anonymous
2016-08-05T01:50:42+00:00 I know this is an older thread but thought a lot of people like myself will end up here. below is the process i had to go through to remedy this situation. I did post this to another users page which is more current as of the date but thought I would stop by here first.
- the first thing I had to do was go into my settings then to network and internet, then under wifi scroll down to manage wi-fi settings, then scroll down to eduroam if it is on your computer currently. click on it and tell it to forget.
- then I went to my schools IT page and found this wiki for help: https://wiki.umbc.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=63341024. follow the steps and it should work just fine.
3)if it still does not after all that then try to go to eduroams website here: https://cat.eduroam.org/#. try download and run the installer for your appropriate OS.
I really think this will help. We shouldn't have this kind of issue especially for the expensive price we have all paid for our surface devices, however, this did work for me and I have been working with my IT people for about a year/year and a half now lol. Good luck and let me know if this works for you.
-
Anonymous
2016-08-05T01:48:40+00:00 - the first thing I had to do was go into my settings then to network and internet, then under wifi scroll down to manage wi-fi settings, then scroll down to eduroam if it is on your computer currently. click on it and tell it to forget.
- then I went to my schools IT page and found this wiki for help: https://wiki.umbc.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=63341024. follow the steps and it should work just fine.
3)if it still does not after all that then try to go to eduroams website here: https://cat.eduroam.org/#. try download and run the installer for your appropriate OS.
I really think this will help. We shouldn't have this kind of issue especially for the expensive price we have all paid for our surface devices, however, this did work for me and I have been working with my IT people for about a year/year and a half now lol. Good luck and let me know if this works for you.
Very respectfully.
-
Anonymous
2016-05-03T01:44:41+00:00 Hi there,
I'm havin the same problem but my is a laptop from Clevo's company. It used to work probably but after January, It keep saying that I "can't connect to this network".
:( Did U solve this problem/ please let me know.