Well it happens here no matter what >.<
Shortcut arrow icons gone after Windows 8.1
Hey all,
I know it's something minor but ever since I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 I noticed that the little shortcut arrow icons that appear on shortcuts are gone. They appear again only if I hover my mouse over the shortcuts or if I refresh the desktop or folder where the shortcuts are in. However, after a reboot the issue comes up again and I have to redo the mentioned actions.
Things I have tried:
- I did a SFC/ scannow and it didn't find any integrity violations.
- I have tried 3 different nvidia WHQL drivers without any result.
- A reformat also didn't fix the issue.
My specs:
Windows 8.1 Pro 64x with Media Centre (Update 1 installed along with all latest updates)
i5 3570K CPU
nVidia GTX 660Ti with 335.23 WHQL driver (not OC'ed)
8 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-07-07T14:09:16+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-07-02T12:00:41+00:00 I also only have a Windows 8 key so I have to upgrade to 8.1 afterwards. I'm not sure the problem occurs or not for people who have a Windows 8.1 key
UPDATE: I just noticed that when enabling the option to immediately go to the Desktop instead of the Metro interface after a boot, the problem doesn't occur.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-02T10:40:59+00:00 To be honest i dont know but when i format my computer i always upgrade to 8.1,since i bought 8 i have to upgrade to 8.1.My laptop which was upgrated to 8.1 (update 1) also has this issue so to be honest i dont have any idea.O.o
-
Anonymous
2014-07-01T16:10:00+00:00 Hi
Just posting to say, I also have the same issue. (win8 updated to win8.1)
As it seams not everybody has this issue, does this only happen on pc’s that have been upgraded from win 8 ?
Would a clean install of 8.1 (eg. 8.1 oem disk) solve this ?
-
Anonymous
2014-06-25T12:00:36+00:00 Yeah that also happens on the first 2 or 3 shortcuts.This is very frustrating :(