It's not currently possible.
Ripping music from cd to xbox one?
I purchased my day one edition today, upon trying to rip songs from a cd that I had inserted, I found now possible way to do this. It was so simple on the 360, it means i can't play forza game with music in the background from my CDs that I have stored in the hard drive, as the forza disc will be installed aswell for it to play.
Can anyone shed some information on this? Incase I have missed something.
Thanks
Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Kellylad09,
Thank you for your contribution to the forums. Your question should be directed to the Xbox One forums and below is a link that should help.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one?xr=shellnav
Thanks,
Jeremy J.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-04-27T18:29:53+00:00 They really really need this feature it is essential to play music u love in the backround not in the snap feature , i mean forza would get played alot longer if i had some dmx or some snoop instead of the same classical music being looped. Oh well still have my xbox 360 with my killer jams on it if i want game with some flavor.
-
Anonymous
2014-06-02T21:10:04+00:00 They really really need this feature it is essential to play music u love in the backround not in the snap feature , i mean forza would get played alot longer if i had some dmx or some snoop instead of the same classical music being looped. Oh well still have my xbox 360 with my killer jams on it if i want game with some flavor.
I will love if i can play my music that i copy to my xbox and listen to it while i play my game this why i like xbox more then playstions
-
Anonymous
2014-07-29T00:44:42+00:00 So eight months and still a 500gb hard drive that sits empty.
I repeat, eight months and it still can't do the function of an MP3 player....
I assume the manage storage interface was meant for not just removing games...If so, that's like $1,200 plus in games...Dreaming...
Nobody wants to be FORCED to use your media service...Please just give us like others have stated...What I don't get is you are trying to position yourself as the 'all in one' entertainment device, yet leave it so that you can only use that 500gb hard drive if you buy an obscene amount of games. One may think that somebody, an engineer perhaps instead of MS marketing/sales, designed that big bottomed storage for 'all the other things in your life' besides a $60 game....
You have a 200 person team working on Xbox Music, how about diverting one or two to scrounge up a player. If you're on the x86 architecture, then it shouldn't be tooooo hard to find/license one. Halo can only sell Xboxs for so long, and even less time if Destiny's multiplayer is as good as Halo 3, because everybody knows 343i (MS) dropped the ball trying to save money with client side hosting, knowing full well that in a year or two it won't matter because then you'll have to play Xbone for H5.
But we'll still remember the debacle of trying to save a few $$$ on your flagship title...
Is that why Bungie left?