Ripping music from cd to xbox one?

Anonymous
2013-11-23T00:17:37+00:00

I purchased my day one edition today, upon trying to rip songs from a cd that I had inserted, I found now possible way to do this. It was so simple on the 360, it means i can't play forza game with music in the background from my CDs that I have stored in the hard drive, as the forza disc will be installed aswell for it to play.

Can anyone shed some information on this? Incase I have missed something.

Thanks

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-23T00:27:37+00:00

It's not currently possible.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-25T19:44:13+00:00

Hi Kellylad09,

Thank you for your contribution to the forums. Your question should be directed to the Xbox One forums and below is a link that should help.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one?xr=shellnav

Thanks,

Jeremy J.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-18T04:55:13+00:00

    I agree we should be able to rip cds especially when all the sound tracks to Forza are lame. No one said MS had any common sence.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T20:12:43+00:00

    yes I agree it is called the "XBOX ONE" I thought that meant it was all in one.

    meaning I could do everything I could do on the Xbox 360 and more.

    if I can't rip CD's I own and buy like I could on the older console how is this an upgrade?

    how is it all in one? should of just went with what the public told you to do for years and called it the 720

    cause it's not even close to an all in one Xbox console.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-26T14:32:38+00:00

    The Media Console that replaces ALL of the Media Devices you've ever have or will ever need... Did not include a Media Remote Control of any kind, much less one that could replace all those separate, and multifunction remote controls that the kids keep flushing down the toilet or the dog kept eating. How does the most versatile media device ever conceived not include in the purchase box the most versatile media remote control ever conceived. A remote control that not only performed every function of every remote control it replaced but was also completely water proof, flush proof and tasted really bad to even the most determined to eat it dogs on the planet?

    Really though. How does a $500.00 media device, that has been designed to replace all other media devices, not come bundled with a media remote control specifically tuned to work with it. Even the cheapest **** TV's come with a **** remote control and two new **** batteries.

    What is the only service the first two iterations of Xbox consoles provided to owners, that literally did not require any extra fees be paid before it could be used, it did not need an Xbox Live Gold Membership or a Broadband Internet Service Connection, No extra hardware or software that had to be purchased, installed and configured before use.

    Nope, all you needed to RIP previously purchased CD music to the internal mass storage device was working electricity, a TV, access to the storage device itself, and an extraordinary small, very simple, easy to use program interface that allowed for access to all the CD music that had been previously ripped to the Hard Drive.

    The Xbox and Xbox 360's ability to RIP CD music to the hard drive was a godsend. Here was a perfect emulator of a Tavern style Juke Box, or a Home CD Player with a CD Tray capable of holding hundreds of CD's at once, without any of the problems associated with multiple disc loaders / players. Xbox Consoles allowed access to individual CD's and songs whisper quiet, computer HD fast and once the CD RIP to the HD was complete, it could be placed in it's protective case and safely stored in a high, dry place away from all potential hazards, including excessive handling.

    I wonder why Microsoft would take away the one truly free, highly useful capability they built into their  Xbox and Xbox 360 Consoles. (They took away one of the best features of their earlier console versions for reasons that were not in keeping with unwritten customer satisfaction policies. Policies that say you don't s--t where you eat.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments