It's not currently possible.
Ripping music from cd to xbox one?
I purchased my day one edition today, upon trying to rip songs from a cd that I had inserted, I found now possible way to do this. It was so simple on the 360, it means i can't play forza game with music in the background from my CDs that I have stored in the hard drive, as the forza disc will be installed aswell for it to play.
Can anyone shed some information on this? Incase I have missed something.
Thanks
Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Kellylad09,
Thank you for your contribution to the forums. Your question should be directed to the Xbox One forums and below is a link that should help.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one?xr=shellnav
Thanks,
Jeremy J.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2013-12-05T06:42:29+00:00 I said the same thing I want to rip Cd's and store store my own music too so I can listen to it while playing games i mean it was on the 360 why would they downgrade?? hopefully they add it in a update in the near future i have my fingers crossed!!
-
Anonymous
2013-11-26T16:34:36+00:00 Dear Forum Moderator,
For all of the changes MS has made this music issue should be easily remedied.
I do not like the fact that MS requires banking account information to be stored on the new xbox one systems. For safety & privacy its in the consumers interests to keep on with Microsoft Points cards.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-23T04:38:26+00:00 Are you serious?! There is no excuse for this kind of ****! I'm happy with the One so far but I kept hoping I was just overlooking some way to put music on my system from My CD. All the things its capable of and they exclude something both previous systems were able to do. Dammit, MS!