Ripping music from cd to xbox one?

Anonymous
2013-11-23T00:17:37+00:00

I purchased my day one edition today, upon trying to rip songs from a cd that I had inserted, I found now possible way to do this. It was so simple on the 360, it means i can't play forza game with music in the background from my CDs that I have stored in the hard drive, as the forza disc will be installed aswell for it to play.

Can anyone shed some information on this? Incase I have missed something.

Thanks

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-23T00:27:37+00:00

It's not currently possible.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-25T19:44:13+00:00

Hi Kellylad09,

Thank you for your contribution to the forums. Your question should be directed to the Xbox One forums and below is a link that should help.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one?xr=shellnav

Thanks,

Jeremy J.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T16:49:36+00:00

    MICROSOFT - i beg You.. bring update audio CD rip and copy to hard drive and play.

    Be smart on rival.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-24T22:19:44+00:00

    I completely agree.Being a gamer as far back as the first xbox an all the 360's i went trough not to mention all the loot i dumped into those systems, plus the new 1 i just bought. An with all that they remove some of the most basic an popular software!? Damnit

    Microsoft!!! Hope they update soon, why remove such an appealing feature?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-31T01:09:06+00:00

    I purchased my day one edition today, upon trying to rip songs from a cd that I had inserted, I found now possible way to do this. It was so simple on the 360, it means i can't play forza game with music in the background from my CDs that I have stored in the hard drive, as the forza disc will be installed aswell for it to play.

    Can anyone shed some information on this? Incase I have missed something.

    Thanks

    Hi All,

    I too am keen to see the Audio CD rip feature added to the Xbox One and was disappointed to find it missing.  This is a very basic expectation.  

    Ideally, I would like to be able to move all of the ripped content from my 360 to the Xbone - to save me having to rip the audio CD's again...

    Thanks,

    Russ.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments