It's not currently possible.
Ripping music from cd to xbox one?
I purchased my day one edition today, upon trying to rip songs from a cd that I had inserted, I found now possible way to do this. It was so simple on the 360, it means i can't play forza game with music in the background from my CDs that I have stored in the hard drive, as the forza disc will be installed aswell for it to play.
Can anyone shed some information on this? Incase I have missed something.
Thanks
Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Kellylad09,
Thank you for your contribution to the forums. Your question should be directed to the Xbox One forums and below is a link that should help.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one?xr=shellnav
Thanks,
Jeremy J.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-11-23T04:38:26+00:00 Are you serious?! There is no excuse for this kind of ****! I'm happy with the One so far but I kept hoping I was just overlooking some way to put music on my system from My CD. All the things its capable of and they exclude something both previous systems were able to do. Dammit, MS!
-
Anonymous
2014-01-04T05:14:25+00:00 I agree with everyone! Whats with this half assed set up? Maybe spend less time and money on advertising your console and how wonderful it is and perhaps making the interface better. The party joining is frustrating. The fact there is no guide and you have to leave the game your playing to invite someone or message them is unbelievably annoying. If you dont press and hold the xbox button for a party invite it exits you from your game and is a pain to try and get in to. The music thing.. You guys should be embarassed! Not only can you not rip a cd to your hard drive.. You cant even access other functions without having to be snapped on the side or else it shuts the music off. I really hope you guys at microsoft are working on an update because one is desperately needed. Or else I see a lot of people turning to playstation..cause so far, from what ive seen on the system, For the price..im not impressed. And its unfortunate because Ive supported this system since the original. And even had to buy 3 new 360s because they just stopped working. Get the lead out and start showing your fans you give a **** because it seems quite the opposite.
-
Anonymous
2013-12-05T06:42:29+00:00 I said the same thing I want to rip Cd's and store store my own music too so I can listen to it while playing games i mean it was on the 360 why would they downgrade?? hopefully they add it in a update in the near future i have my fingers crossed!!