Blue Screen of Death with Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR

Anonymous
2014-09-17T00:22:32+00:00

Hello, every few days I seem to get this stupid blue screen of death that says your computer rand into a problem blah blah blah. after that it says Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR. sometimes after that it also says dxgkrnl.sys

I tried checking the dmp files because I think that is what you guys want in a problem like this. I had no Minidump folder so I created one like 4 days ago, but there is still nothing in it? Also, when that blue screen of death comes on it says the computer is just collecting some data, but it stays at 0% and I have to manually push the power button to turn it off. maybe that is why I have nothing in the minidump folder? I also tried doing a chksdk scan, but that did not fix the problem. I also checked and all of my drivers are up to date. What is causing this problem??? Thank you

Ot :Please Help with Blue Screen of Death

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-24T02:39:13+00:00

    thank you, but what about the other question about where the information is being saved. is it in the mini dump folder because then it won't help you diagnose anything because minidump doesnt seem to work on my computer.

    Have you gone to start --> control panel--> folder options --> "view" Tab, and checked the circle next to "show hidden files, folders and drives"?

    For minidumps, search

    %SystemRoot%\Minidump

    For kernel memory dumps, search.

    %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-24T02:46:31+00:00

    I have already tried that with no luck. also I got the BSOD again after uninstalling Norton. should i go ahead and re-install it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-24T03:53:18+00:00

    I have already tried that with no luck. also I got the BSOD again after uninstalling Norton. should i go ahead and re-install it?

    If you wish.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-24T07:06:51+00:00

    Hello Michael,

    Thank you for the update.

    I appreciate your efforts.

    I would suggest you to update chipset drivers and BIOS from the link given below and check the issue.

    Refer this link:

    http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVP132190X&LOC=3#/downloadTab

    Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

    I hope this information helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-09-25T00:21:21+00:00

    I could be wrong, but i think i have the latest drivers.

    also I downloaded WhoCrashed and it says this:

    Crash Dump Analysis


    Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

    Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

    No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

    *** * Conclusion*


    Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. In case you are experiencing system crashes, it may be that crash dumps are prevented from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments