UPDATE: It just crashed again, but this time the error said: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
Blue Screen of Death with Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR
Hello, every few days I seem to get this stupid blue screen of death that says your computer rand into a problem blah blah blah. after that it says Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR. sometimes after that it also says dxgkrnl.sys
I tried checking the dmp files because I think that is what you guys want in a problem like this. I had no Minidump folder so I created one like 4 days ago, but there is still nothing in it? Also, when that blue screen of death comes on it says the computer is just collecting some data, but it stays at 0% and I have to manually push the power button to turn it off. maybe that is why I have nothing in the minidump folder? I also tried doing a chksdk scan, but that did not fix the problem. I also checked and all of my drivers are up to date. What is causing this problem??? Thank you
Ot :Please Help with Blue Screen of Death
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-09-17T02:10:15+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-09-17T13:00:09+00:00 Hi Michael,
Blue screen of death would occur when both dxgkrnl.sys and ntoskrnl.exe crash in Microsoft Windows 8 both x86 and x64 machines. The most common symptoms are error code 116, BCCode 117 and stop code 0x101.
Usually causes of the dxgkrnl.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD are corrupted Windows drivers and antivirus software deleted DLL files infected by virus and malware.
To prevent this error, you should always keep your drivers up to date and use security products that don't create false positive (FP). Blue screen errors on dxgkrnl.sys will cause system service exception and Windows crashing both in PC startup and Safe Mode. If you don't regularly have this error, updating DirectX graphics drivers helps repair the dxgkrnl.sys problem.
The error code KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR STOP states that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. It appears that there are some issues with the hard disk.
Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/resolve-windows-blue-screen-errors
Also check if there are any errors are listed in Event viewer.
Event logs are special files that record significant events on your computer, such as when a user logs on to the computer or when a program encounters an error.
To open view the logs please follow the steps.
Press Windows key + W
Type "View Event Logs" on the Start screen and hit Enter.
Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.
-
Anonymous
2014-09-17T18:04:43+00:00 + System - Provider <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ Guid] {9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539} <br> --- --- --- --- --- EventID 219 <br> --- --- --- Version 0 <br> --- --- --- Level 3 <br> --- --- --- Task 212 <br> --- --- --- Opcode 0 <br> --- --- --- Keywords 0x8000000000000000 <br> --- --- --- - TimeCreated <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ SystemTime] 2014-09-17T17:50:43.576991400Z <br> --- --- --- --- --- EventRecordID 33525 <br> --- --- --- Correlation <br> --- --- - Execution <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ ProcessID] 4 <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ ThreadID] 156 <br> --- --- --- --- --- Channel System <br> --- --- --- Computer VAIO <br> --- --- --- - Security <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ UserID] S-1-5-18 <br> --- --- --- --- --- - EventData DriverNameLength 24 DriverName ACPI\NXP5442\2&daba3ff&2 Status 3221226341 FailureNameLength 14 FailureName \Driver\WUDFRd Version 0 -
Anonymous
2014-09-17T18:05:53+00:00 I have the most up to date windows updates. I also have direct x 11 which is the latest version. I have tried everything you recommended and the problem still persists.
-
Anonymous
2014-09-17T18:20:09+00:00 also, there is still no dmp files in my Minidump folder