thank you, but what about the other question about where the information is being saved. is it in the mini dump folder because then it won't help you diagnose anything because minidump doesnt seem to work on my computer.
Blue Screen of Death with Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR
Hello, every few days I seem to get this stupid blue screen of death that says your computer rand into a problem blah blah blah. after that it says Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR. sometimes after that it also says dxgkrnl.sys
I tried checking the dmp files because I think that is what you guys want in a problem like this. I had no Minidump folder so I created one like 4 days ago, but there is still nothing in it? Also, when that blue screen of death comes on it says the computer is just collecting some data, but it stays at 0% and I have to manually push the power button to turn it off. maybe that is why I have nothing in the minidump folder? I also tried doing a chksdk scan, but that did not fix the problem. I also checked and all of my drivers are up to date. What is causing this problem??? Thank you
Ot :Please Help with Blue Screen of Death
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-09-24T02:01:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-09-24T01:32:38+00:00 ok I deleted Norton. I dont think the NXP thing is the problem, because i disabled it in device manager and the computer still crashed.
for the driver verifier will this information of the crash show up in the msinfo32?
if not then i dont know if I should do it because i dont ever seem to get any data in my minidump folder.
also would you recommend I run the dv verifier in safe mode?
No.
-
Anonymous
2014-09-24T01:30:16+00:00 if someone can help me solve this mystery of why i dont have any mini dump files I think it might help solve this problem. because the data logs will help diagnose the issue rather than taking a shot in the dark without having anything to go by.
-
Anonymous
2014-09-24T01:07:31+00:00 ok I deleted Norton. I dont think the NXP thing is the problem, because i disabled it in device manager and the computer still crashed.
for the driver verifier will this information of the crash show up in the msinfo32?
if not then i dont know if I should do it because i dont ever seem to get any data in my minidump folder.
also would you recommend I run the dv verifier in safe mode?
-
Anonymous
2014-09-23T22:48:58+00:00 I've gone through your MSinfo32 file and there is really nothing that stands out except the persistent connection issues.
Let's try this. Completely uninstall Norton security and turn-on windows defender, at least temporarily, until we can rule it out as a contributor.
Norton Removal Tool.
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us
How to Turn Windows Defender Real-time Protection On or Off in Windows 8 and 8.1.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/21967-windows-defender-protection-turn-off-windows-8-a.html
I also noticed that you have Ccleaner installed. If you run it regularly, it may be deleting the dump files we need to troubleshoot this problem, so I would recommend that you do not run it until we can determine if the dump files were being deleted by Ccleaner.
After uninstalling Norton and turning on Windows Defender, Run driver verifier (DV) per the instructions in the link below.
Note: Make sure to read and remember the steps to reset DV in the event of a crash.
Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. Created by ZigZag3143, Co.authored by by JMH3143