Blue Screen of Death with Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR

Anonymous
2014-09-17T00:22:32+00:00

Hello, every few days I seem to get this stupid blue screen of death that says your computer rand into a problem blah blah blah. after that it says Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR. sometimes after that it also says dxgkrnl.sys

I tried checking the dmp files because I think that is what you guys want in a problem like this. I had no Minidump folder so I created one like 4 days ago, but there is still nothing in it? Also, when that blue screen of death comes on it says the computer is just collecting some data, but it stays at 0% and I have to manually push the power button to turn it off. maybe that is why I have nothing in the minidump folder? I also tried doing a chksdk scan, but that did not fix the problem. I also checked and all of my drivers are up to date. What is causing this problem??? Thank you

Ot :Please Help with Blue Screen of Death

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-26T11:04:19+00:00

    Hello Michael,

    Thank you for the response.

    Did you try using suggestion in the previous post to free up drive space?

    Please reply with results.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-25T15:18:57+00:00

    I am not sure about which chipset you are referring too, but i have the latest BIOS drivers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-25T11:05:30+00:00

    Hello Michael,

    Thank you again for the update.

    Did you try updating chipset drivers and BIOS?

    According to the link you posted, I would suggest you to try using steps in this article and check if it helps.

    Refer:

    Tips to free up drive space on your PC

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

    Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

    I hope it helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-25T01:20:24+00:00

    sorry if I did not clarify that already, I havent run CCleaner since this issue began

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-09-25T00:35:05+00:00

    From my previous post

     also noticed that you have Ccleaner installed. If you run it regularly, it may be deleting the dump files we need to troubleshoot this problem, so I would recommend that you do not run it until we can determine if the dump files were being deleted by Ccleaner.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments