Blue Screen of Death with Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR

Anonymous
2014-09-17T00:22:32+00:00

Hello, every few days I seem to get this stupid blue screen of death that says your computer rand into a problem blah blah blah. after that it says Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR. sometimes after that it also says dxgkrnl.sys

I tried checking the dmp files because I think that is what you guys want in a problem like this. I had no Minidump folder so I created one like 4 days ago, but there is still nothing in it? Also, when that blue screen of death comes on it says the computer is just collecting some data, but it stays at 0% and I have to manually push the power button to turn it off. maybe that is why I have nothing in the minidump folder? I also tried doing a chksdk scan, but that did not fix the problem. I also checked and all of my drivers are up to date. What is causing this problem??? Thank you

Ot :Please Help with Blue Screen of Death

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-29T11:00:56+00:00

    Hello Michael,

    Thank you for the reply.

    It is very unfortunate that the issue still persists after reinstalling Windows. It seems to be a hardware issue.

    I would suggest you to contact Sony support for further assistance.

    Sony support

    http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=CONTACT

    Please keep us informed about the status of the issue.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-26T20:07:00+00:00

    well it happened again. maybe this is a hardware problem and not a software problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-26T15:10:01+00:00

    Hello Michael,

    Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

    I am glad that the issue is fixed.

    Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-26T15:03:19+00:00

    I have tried that, but did not help. I called Microsoft and they re-installed windows 8.1. So far so good. I will keep you guys posted. Thank you for all your help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more