I am not sure about which chipset you are referring too, but i have the latest BIOS drivers
Blue Screen of Death with Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR
Hello, every few days I seem to get this stupid blue screen of death that says your computer rand into a problem blah blah blah. after that it says Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR. sometimes after that it also says dxgkrnl.sys
I tried checking the dmp files because I think that is what you guys want in a problem like this. I had no Minidump folder so I created one like 4 days ago, but there is still nothing in it? Also, when that blue screen of death comes on it says the computer is just collecting some data, but it stays at 0% and I have to manually push the power button to turn it off. maybe that is why I have nothing in the minidump folder? I also tried doing a chksdk scan, but that did not fix the problem. I also checked and all of my drivers are up to date. What is causing this problem??? Thank you
Ot :Please Help with Blue Screen of Death
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-09-25T15:18:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-09-25T11:05:30+00:00 Hello Michael,
Thank you again for the update.
Did you try updating chipset drivers and BIOS?
According to the link you posted, I would suggest you to try using steps in this article and check if it helps.
Refer:
Tips to free up drive space on your PC
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space
Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.
I hope it helps.
Thank you
-
Anonymous
2014-09-25T01:20:24+00:00 sorry if I did not clarify that already, I havent run CCleaner since this issue began
-
Anonymous
2014-09-25T00:35:05+00:00 From my previous post
also noticed that you have Ccleaner installed. If you run it regularly, it may be deleting the dump files we need to troubleshoot this problem, so I would recommend that you do not run it until we can determine if the dump files were being deleted by Ccleaner.
-
Anonymous
2014-09-25T00:21:21+00:00 I could be wrong, but i think i have the latest drivers.
also I downloaded WhoCrashed and it says this:
Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump
Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.
No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer
*** * Conclusion*
Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. In case you are experiencing system crashes, it may be that crash dumps are prevented from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.