Blue Screen of Death with Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR

Anonymous
2014-09-17T00:22:32+00:00

Hello, every few days I seem to get this stupid blue screen of death that says your computer rand into a problem blah blah blah. after that it says Kernel_Data_INPAGE_ERROR. sometimes after that it also says dxgkrnl.sys

I tried checking the dmp files because I think that is what you guys want in a problem like this. I had no Minidump folder so I created one like 4 days ago, but there is still nothing in it? Also, when that blue screen of death comes on it says the computer is just collecting some data, but it stays at 0% and I have to manually push the power button to turn it off. maybe that is why I have nothing in the minidump folder? I also tried doing a chksdk scan, but that did not fix the problem. I also checked and all of my drivers are up to date. What is causing this problem??? Thank you

Ot :Please Help with Blue Screen of Death

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-23T14:58:12+00:00

    I tried disabling the nearfield proximity provider and I'll see if that does anything

    Fingers crossed! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-23T14:56:09+00:00

    I tried disabling the nearfield proximity provider and I'll see if that does anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-23T07:47:51+00:00

    Hello Michael,

    Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

    I would suggest you to **repair Windows image and then run system file checker(SFC).**Please follow these steps:

    a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt(admin).

    If you receive user account control message, click yes.

    b. Type the following command in the command prompt and press Enter.

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    c. After it completes, type the following command in the command prompt and press Enter.

    sfc /scannow

    Note: It may ask for Windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

    I hope it helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-22T21:32:20+00:00

    I am confused about my problem because I downloaded windows 8.1 like 7 months ago and this problem with my computer crashing started like 2 weeks ago and to the best of my knowledge I haven't changed anything.

    the most recent version of the NXP thing is 6.3.1.0

    I have 6.1.1.0

    it says to do prior to windows 8.1 update, so what do I do? can I install it even though I have 8.1 already?

    i also dont have the most recent Intel Management Engine interface, but that also says to install prior to 8.1

    Sorry about the delay. The instructions say, both the INTEL Management Engine interfaceupdate and the NearFieldProximity Provider should be applied before the upgrade to Windows 8.1.

    There is no way for me to tell if they were, and have become corrupted or if they weren't, and the ones that came originally shipped with the have become corrupted.

    You can ask in the sony forums, about what your options are, but if I were to guess, I would say that you are looking at a refresh and rollback to win 8, and then  update to 8.1 after the installation of the two drivers in question.

    Sony Community.

    http://community.sony.com/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-09-22T19:42:45+00:00

    I am confused about my problem because I downloaded windows 8.1 like 7 months ago and this problem with my computer crashing started like 2 weeks ago and to the best of my knowledge I haven't changed anything.

    the most recent version of the NXP thing is 6.3.1.0

    I have 6.1.1.0

    it says to do prior to windows 8.1 update, so what do I do? can I install it even though I have 8.1 already?

    i also dont have the most recent Intel Management Engine interface, but that also says to install prior to 8.1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments