Windows 8.1 - apps close immediately after opening

Anonymous
2013-11-12T21:25:01+00:00

None of the Windows 8 apps will fully load.

After clicking on an app, the loading screen appears for about a second, and then it goes back to the (metro) menu.

I can still see these apps as open on the left-side bar.

This happened after the installation of 50 windows updates.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T11:18:13+00:00

    And this is the content of "C:\Users\Henk\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_winstore_1.0.0.0_ecaf0804f9a90d33996cb29f03573ef27b82288_71dd0148_03af2973"

    Version=1

    EventType=MoAppCrash

    EventTime=130289867989843644

    ReportType=2

    Consent=1

    UploadTime=130289867989999970

    ReportIdentifier=11036394-4de5-11e3-be91-08606e1f1dda

    IntegratorReportIdentifier=11036393-4de5-11e3-be91-08606e1f1dda

    NsAppName=praid:Windows.Store

    Response.BucketId=e98474570122eae0c71bf9eff6bace93

    Response.BucketTable=5

    Response.LegacyBucketId=-325621371

    Response.type=4

    Sig[0].Name=Volledige pakketnaam

    Sig[0].Value=winstore_1.0.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

    Sig[1].Name=Naam van de toepassing

    Sig[1].Value=praid:Windows.Store

    Sig[2].Name=Versie van toepassing

    Sig[2].Value=6.3.9600.16431

    Sig[3].Name=Tijdstempel van toepassing

    Sig[3].Value=525e5d4e

    Sig[4].Name=Naam van foutmodule

    Sig[4].Value=KERNELBASE.dll

    Sig[5].Name=Versie van foutmodule

    Sig[5].Value=6.3.9600.16408

    Sig[6].Name=Tijdstempel van foutmodule

    Sig[6].Value=523d557d

    Sig[7].Name=Uitzonderingscode

    Sig[7].Value=00000004

    Sig[8].Name=Uitzonderingsmarge

    Sig[8].Value=000000000000ab78

    DynamicSig[1].Name=Versie van besturingssysteem

    DynamicSig[1].Value=6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

    DynamicSig[2].Name=Landinstelling-id

    DynamicSig[2].Value=2067

    DynamicSig[22].Name=Aanvullende informatie 1

    DynamicSig[22].Value=d333

    DynamicSig[23].Name=Aanvullende informatie 2

    DynamicSig[23].Value=d333408dc650b48c4892fc8326b14ff7

    DynamicSig[24].Name=Aanvullende informatie 3

    DynamicSig[24].Value=ce7a

    DynamicSig[25].Name=Aanvullende informatie 4

    DynamicSig[25].Value=ce7acc3109360a06935afa70e05855a3

    UI[2]=C:\Windows\System32\WWAHost.exe

    LoadedModule[0]=C:\Windows\System32\WWAHost.exe

    LoadedModule[1]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

    LoadedModule[2]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.DLL

    LoadedModule[3]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

    LoadedModule[4]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\apphelp.dll

    LoadedModule[5]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kernel.appcore.dll

    LoadedModule[6]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\combase.dll

    LoadedModule[7]=C:\Windows\System32\profapi.dll

    LoadedModule[8]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wintypes.dll

    LoadedModule[9]=C:\Windows\System32\iertutil.dll

    LoadedModule[10]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sechost.dll

    LoadedModule[11]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll

    LoadedModule[12]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll

    LoadedModule[13]=C:\Windows\System32\CRYPTBASE.dll

    LoadedModule[14]=C:\Windows\System32\bcryptPrimitives.dll

    LoadedModule[15]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\user32.dll

    LoadedModule[16]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll

    LoadedModule[17]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\IMM32.DLL

    LoadedModule[18]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCTF.dll

    LoadedModule[19]=C:\Windows\System32\urlmon.dll

    LoadedModule[20]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll

    LoadedModule[21]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll

    LoadedModule[22]=C:\Windows\System32\WININET.dll

    LoadedModule[23]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.dll

    LoadedModule[24]=C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

    LoadedModule[25]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\rometadata.dll

    LoadedModule[26]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\shcore.dll

    LoadedModule[27]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\OLEAUT32.dll

    LoadedModule[28]=C:\Windows\System32\CRYPTSP.dll

    LoadedModule[29]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsaenh.dll

    LoadedModule[30]=C:\Windows\System32\bcrypt.dll

    State[0].Key=Transport.DoneStage1

    State[0].Value=1

    FriendlyEventName=Werkt niet meer

    ConsentKey=MoAppCrash

    AppName=winstore_cw5n1h2txyewy!Windows.Store

    AppPath=C:\Windows\System32\WWAHost.exe

    NsPartner=windows

    NsGroup=windows8

    ApplicationIdentity=DB59A13B8C37F10793ECDB4C8C835601

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T20:05:44+00:00

    I tought Windows 8.1 would solve the windows 8 problems for me, like the bad syncing of the mail program, but the same syncing problems occured in windows 8.1 and now it even made my whole computer useless by disabling every app.

    I tought that maybe today I would be able to install another windows update to fix the problem, but no such thing. My computer is up to date but useless.

    Maybe I can throw my pc out of the window and buy me a mac. Thats a workaround that will fix my problem.

    I REALLY AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN MICROSOFT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2013-11-19T20:17:39+00:00

    Hey Henk,

    I'll try to help if I can and you're interested.  Let me me know what error message you see.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T20:55:25+00:00

    No error message.

    Any app I open closes immediately (windows store included).

    I can see the app when I move the mouse to the left of the screen but I cannot open it.

    I've posted some messages I see in the logs in the posts above.

    It's a win 8 pc and I installed the win 8.1 update, after that everything was ok, but a few days later I installed windows updates (more then 50) and that caused this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-21T08:24:21+00:00

    Hi,

     

    As a work around, I would suggest you to create a new user account and check the issues status on newly created user account. This might help you to analyze the issue.

     

    Create a user account.

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

     

    Hope this helps.

    I created a new use account and the apps seem to be working on this one.  How can I now find out what and where to correct my original user account?  

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments