Windows 8.1 - apps close immediately after opening

Anonymous
2013-11-12T21:25:01+00:00

None of the Windows 8 apps will fully load.

After clicking on an app, the loading screen appears for about a second, and then it goes back to the (metro) menu.

I can still see these apps as open on the left-side bar.

This happened after the installation of 50 windows updates.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-02T18:54:36+00:00

    ......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-27T15:04:33+00:00

    Exactly : the AIR ! 13" 8GB |  Arrives tomorrow... and then... Bye Bye Micronotsosoft  !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2013-11-27T14:59:40+00:00

    Sweet, which one did you get?  The air is my favorite.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-27T14:47:31+00:00

    Hi I have the same problem !!! No syncing email ( solved by a Inbox root repair) but none of the Apps are working...

    So I SOLVED COMPLETLY the problem :  THE NEW MAC Arrives tomorrow !!! DONE ! SOLVED

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-27T04:12:22+00:00

    I've created a new (local) account and this account has the same problem as mine (= Microsoft account)

    Hi Henk,

    FYI, I didn't create a new local account, I created a new Microsoft account.  It seems to be working just fine. Now I just need someone to tell what to do to fix my original account!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments