this works wonders i ran the first command thay gave me in the link fixed everything
Windows 8.1 - apps close immediately after opening
None of the Windows 8 apps will fully load.
After clicking on an app, the loading screen appears for about a second, and then it goes back to the (metro) menu.
I can still see these apps as open on the left-side bar.
This happened after the installation of 50 windows updates.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-01-29T15:41:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-06-20T16:05:51+00:00 I was having this same problem. I looked in my programs list in the "uninstall a program" list in the Control Panel and found some start menu app that HP originally added. Looks like an updated version must have been installed around the time the problem started for me. I was surprised to see that this was installed recently. It must have been part of some auto-update. I never use it so I uninstalled it and rebooted and everything started to work. I am sorry but I forgot the exact name of it and now it is gone. If you are having this problem I would go to your Add/remove programs and see what was added around the time the problem started.
-
Anonymous
2015-02-11T20:35:13+00:00 I had the same problem on Windows 10. Apps would not start on my live account nor on my local account. Both accounts were logged in. Also the guest account was enabled.
This is what I did to repair the apps:
I logged out from the local account and went back to my live account. I disabled the guest account and deleted the local account . Next I created the same local account again and logged in to that account. Windows showed the welcome messages and installed apps. The apps worked again.
Next I switched back to my live account, and there all apps worked too!
All without reboot or even logging out of my live account.
Only backdraw: you loose your personal documents and apps, so be sure to save them first.
-
Anonymous
2015-02-08T22:18:20+00:00 I dunno if it'll work for you, but this is sorta what I did: I copied all of my user files to an external HDD, made a new account on a temp email adress, squirmed through a bunch of hours trying to get that new account and have it have administrator priviledges (because one of the two, can't remember which, is impossible if your metro apps aren't working), then logged in at that account and deleted my old one. Deleted EVERY windows explorer-based trace (not in the registry) of the HDD of the Win8 PC, then made a new account with the exact same name, in the exact same way I created my original account, then copied everything BUT the personal win8 user account files (these are the ones that are corrupted). You'll lose all the installed metro apps as well as their content/progress in games/etc, but if you keep the original files on the HDD, surely there must be a way (writing my thesis means 0 time to figure that **** out).
Hope this helps! At least a bit!
-
Anonymous
2015-02-07T20:15:30+00:00 I know that feel bro. i had to format my pc and reinstall win8 but the problem haven't been solved, i lost some documents from my thesis including my Win8 licence, i think that Win 8.1 would resolve the problem so i decide install it but after a couple of months the same problem reappear. I don't know what to do so i still waiting for win 10 perhaps the problem disappears. But if you find a solution please i would be nice if you could reply me.