Acer Aspire v3-772g BSOD's (kmode_exception_not_handled, irql_not_less_or_equal)

Anonymous
2014-03-01T12:40:06+00:00

Hello.

I have bought my Acer Aspire v3-772g about 3 weeks ago and I have problems with BSOD's since then. I have installed and updated every possible driver that I have found, but nothing helped. So 2 days ago I have decided to restore machine to factory settings. After it I have immediatelly installed all of the updates for Windows 8, uninstalled graphic drivers and updated to Windows 8.1. After update, I have installed Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office and went to sleep. When I woke up, the machine was restarted by the damn BSOD again, saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Minidump: http://1drv.ms/1jHYNqd )

Okay, so I have decided to download all the updates for hardware and install them. Then it took almost 36 hours to produce another BSOD, this time addressed KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (minidump: http://1drv.ms/1jHYLij ).

Before factory reset I had many more similar BSODs but I haven't saved any of the minidump files. It's just driving me crazy. What to do?!?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-01T22:39:46+00:00

My pleasure, sorry to hear that this wasn't a simple software issue and you did in fact receive a faulty system.

If and when you are comfortable and feel your issue has been solved, I'd recommend marking any posts of mine that answered your question as answered so this thread no longer shows up as requiring an answer.

Regards,

Patrick

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-06T17:37:08+00:00

    another BSOD

    http://1drv.ms/NBl51Y

    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

    by cdd.dll

    this doesn't make any sense to me...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-06T15:45:34+00:00

    finished memtest, got back to windows and got BSOD after couple of minutes... 

    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

    athw8x.sys

    Atheros drivers are latest...

    http://1drv.ms/1jVkXp9

    I am getting very annoyed with it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-06T06:43:48+00:00

    Alright, let's run Memtest for NO LESS than ~8 passes (several hours):

    Memtest86+:

    Download Memtest86+ here:

    http://www.memtest.org/

    Which should I download?

    You can either download the pre-compiled ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

    Do note that some older generation motherboards do not support USB-based booting, therefore your only option is CD (or Floppy if you really wanted to).

    How Memtest works:

    Memtest86 writes a series of test patterns to most memory addresses, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

    The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth test, bit fade, is selectable from the menu. It writes all memory with zeroes, then sleeps for 90 minutes before checking to see if bits have changed (perhaps because of refresh problems). This is repeated with all ones for a total time of 3 hours per pass.

    Many chipsets can report RAM speeds and timings via SPD (Serial Presence Detect) or EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles), and some even support changing the expected memory speed. If the expected memory speed is overclocked, Memtest86 can test that memory performance is error-free with these faster settings.

    Some hardware is able to report the "PAT status" (PAT: enabled or PAT: disabled). This is a reference to Intel Performance acceleration technology; there may be BIOS settings which affect this aspect of memory timing.

    This information, if available to the program, can be displayed via a menu option.

    Any other questions, they can most likely be answered by reading this great guide here:

    http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/28864-FAQ-please-read-before-posting

    Regards,

    Patrick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-06T05:35:15+00:00

    It wasn't connected. I connected couple of hours before, but then disconnected it, disabled driver verifier, restarted computer and then ran driver verifier again without external hdd. Few hours later BSOD occured.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments