Acer Aspire v3-772g BSOD's (kmode_exception_not_handled, irql_not_less_or_equal)

Anonymous
2014-03-01T12:40:06+00:00

Hello.

I have bought my Acer Aspire v3-772g about 3 weeks ago and I have problems with BSOD's since then. I have installed and updated every possible driver that I have found, but nothing helped. So 2 days ago I have decided to restore machine to factory settings. After it I have immediatelly installed all of the updates for Windows 8, uninstalled graphic drivers and updated to Windows 8.1. After update, I have installed Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office and went to sleep. When I woke up, the machine was restarted by the damn BSOD again, saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Minidump: http://1drv.ms/1jHYNqd )

Okay, so I have decided to download all the updates for hardware and install them. Then it took almost 36 hours to produce another BSOD, this time addressed KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (minidump: http://1drv.ms/1jHYLij ).

Before factory reset I had many more similar BSODs but I haven't saved any of the minidump files. It's just driving me crazy. What to do?!?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-01T22:39:46+00:00

My pleasure, sorry to hear that this wasn't a simple software issue and you did in fact receive a faulty system.

If and when you are comfortable and feel your issue has been solved, I'd recommend marking any posts of mine that answered your question as answered so this thread no longer shows up as requiring an answer.

Regards,

Patrick

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-01T13:40:41+00:00

    lol, here it is... Again. But new one:

    unexpected_kernel_mode_trap with athw8x.sys

    http://1drv.ms/1lkWRF6

    Could this mean, that atheros drivers are to blame for BSOD's, because I was (and still am) running driver verifier???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-01T13:33:51+00:00

    I remembered that I have removed some of Acer bloatware just couple of hours before getting first BSOD now on Windows 8. Could this be the reason? I removed this bloatware on W8.1 immediately after installation, so the BSOD's came earlier...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-01T12:51:48+00:00

    Unfortunately my friend, I do not have the answer to that question.

    Your best bet is to contact Acer for your area/region.

    Regards,

    Patrick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-01T12:49:17+00:00

    Okay, I read all over the internet, that in US, UK, and many other countries they change computers without even checking them if customer demands it.

    I live in Slovenia (europe) and every time that I brought anything in for repair (in warranty) it took a couple of weeks to do it. I NEVER(!!!) got the new device right after I brought the broken one in. They said that they have to check if the problem realy exists.

    So how can I demand a new device?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments