I Have three computers at home. I enjoy windows 7 which came with the iso files. I would also enjoy the iso cd that comes with windows 8. I want the ISO cd, so that when my kids mess up the computers beyond repair I can fix the computer with the software I PAID FOR!!! Maybe I don't want to have an internet connection to use a PERSONAL COMPUTER!! Did you guys think of that? Seriously. I and We, should not have to have an internet connection to use our Personal computers. Not to install, nor to enable. That is what a code is for. Design a better code if the current one is failing.
There will be no ISO downloads of Windows 8.1 for the public.
Microsoft has made it known there will be no .ISO file for Windows 8.1 available to the general public.
"Consumers" here really means any copies of Windows 8 that weren't purchased through Microsoft's Volume Licensing programs. So a small business with 20 PCs to upgrade, for example, will have to do them one at a time via the Windows Store – so that's 20 separate 3.5GB downloads.
The Windows Store is the only way for consumers (non-enterprise, non-IT Pro) to download and install Windows 8.1. No ISOs will be made available, so each device needs to be updated individually via the Windows Store.
UPDATE:
Since I started this discussion, Microsoft has introduced a Media Creation Tool that makes it easy to download a .ISO file and create bootable media:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media
The new downloader allows for selection of:
⦁ Language
⦁ Windows 8.1 Version
⦁ Architecture
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2013-12-06T01:34:42+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-12-06T07:48:17+00:00 You can follow the workaround here:
http://philipyip.wordpress.com/download-microsoft-windows/download-windows-8-1-iso/
At current this is the only genuine solution available... although Microsoft should not be making Windows installation difficult.
-
Anonymous
2014-03-21T20:53:31+00:00 Ok so do I remove the USB drive before the reset begins or not?
-
Anonymous
2014-03-22T05:46:29+00:00 This program is easily fou8nd in C:\users\username\local\microsoft\wuxx
You can download ISO anytime you wish if you have this software........an addon information to wiki writer..........
-
Anonymous
2014-03-30T16:14:06+00:00 You guys are a bunch of douche bags, and i should just switch to mac. If i buy a computer and I also have to pay for windows, Then I want the God damn Software on a cd or usb stick. Why is that so hard for you idiots to do that. Thats fine, keep this **** up and you **** with have no more business. One day, us people will see you for yourthievery.