Same here, but I have to add more - when I try to add update manually thru the WSUS console, I get an error 80131509.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
SBS2011
WSUS 3.2.7600.226
WSUS sync has started to fail over the last few weeks, initially intermittentl, now I cannot get it to complete at all.
Update source is Microsoft
Console error: Unable to resolve the specified upstream server name.
“WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)”
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetAuthConfig()
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.InternetGetServerAuthConfig(ServerSyncProxy proxy, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.Authenticate(AuthorizationManager authorizationManager, Boolean checkExpiration, ServerSyncProxy proxy, Cookie cookie, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.SyncConfigUpdatesFromUSS()
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean allowRedirect)
This seems to be the key bit of the server log
2021-02-06 07:51:26.046 UTC Info w3wp.29 ClientImplementation..ctor Initializing ClientWebService ProcessID = 18412, Process Start Time = 2/6/2021 6:17:59 AM, Product Version = 3.2.7600.325
2021-02-06 07:51:26.065 UTC Info w3wp.29 AuthorizationManager.GetUpstreamServerUriHeader Found config says USS is MU site
2021-02-06 07:51:26.362 UTC Info WsusService.18 SusService.ValidateServerCertificate CheckValidationResult Succeeds: CertOK
2021-02-06 07:51:26.366 UTC Info WsusService.18 ServerCertificateValidator.IsHostAllowedException Requested host: sws1.update.microsoft.com
2021-02-06 07:51:26.367 UTC Info WsusService.18 ServerCertificateValidator.VerifyServerCertificate SSL validation succeeded.
2021-02-06 07:51:26.546 UTC Warning WsusService.18 WebServiceCommunicationHelper.ProcessWebServiceProxyException ProcessWebServiceProxyException found Exception was WebException. Action: Retry. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
So it is connecting to sws1.update.microsoft.com, and SSL validation succeeds. It fails after that with some proxy error.
(I realise that this server should be replaced, and work is in hand to migrate to Azure.)
Any help appreciated. Have been unable to fault the installation.
Thanks
Same here, but I have to add more - when I try to add update manually thru the WSUS console, I get an error 80131509.
the same problem, it looks like it is clearly from MS side
also the same problem!!
Currently MS support is suggesting to upgrade WSUS 3.2.7600.226 as this version is out of support version (Jan. 2020), according to the lifecycle policy.
Well, it seems that we can't download any updates or import them when using Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 anymore, using SSL or not.
We just wanted an official statement so we can show our bosses about it.