Strange thing is, from last month, I can sync with 2008RS server.
Anyway, I will not use it anymore, though.
WSUS Sync failure
SBS2011
WSUS 3.2.7600.226
WSUS sync has started to fail over the last few weeks, initially intermittentl, now I cannot get it to complete at all.
Update source is Microsoft
Console error: Unable to resolve the specified upstream server name.
“WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)”
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetAuthConfig()
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.InternetGetServerAuthConfig(ServerSyncProxy proxy, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.Authenticate(AuthorizationManager authorizationManager, Boolean checkExpiration, ServerSyncProxy proxy, Cookie cookie, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.SyncConfigUpdatesFromUSS()
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean allowRedirect)
This seems to be the key bit of the server log
2021-02-06 07:51:26.046 UTC Info w3wp.29 ClientImplementation..ctor Initializing ClientWebService ProcessID = 18412, Process Start Time = 2/6/2021 6:17:59 AM, Product Version = 3.2.7600.325
2021-02-06 07:51:26.065 UTC Info w3wp.29 AuthorizationManager.GetUpstreamServerUriHeader Found config says USS is MU site
2021-02-06 07:51:26.362 UTC Info WsusService.18 SusService.ValidateServerCertificate CheckValidationResult Succeeds: CertOK
2021-02-06 07:51:26.366 UTC Info WsusService.18 ServerCertificateValidator.IsHostAllowedException Requested host: sws1.update.microsoft.com
2021-02-06 07:51:26.367 UTC Info WsusService.18 ServerCertificateValidator.VerifyServerCertificate SSL validation succeeded.
2021-02-06 07:51:26.546 UTC Warning WsusService.18 WebServiceCommunicationHelper.ProcessWebServiceProxyException ProcessWebServiceProxyException found Exception was WebException. Action: Retry. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
So it is connecting to sws1.update.microsoft.com, and SSL validation succeeds. It fails after that with some proxy error.
(I realise that this server should be replaced, and work is in hand to migrate to Azure.)
Any help appreciated. Have been unable to fault the installation.
Thanks
Windows for business | Windows Server | User experience | Other
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Shintaro Fujiwara 11 Reputation points
2021-11-15T00:47:38.623+00:00 -
Sam 71 Reputation points
2021-09-22T23:01:59.8+00:00 I have this failure:
WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncCompressionProxy.GetWebResponse(WebRequest webRequest) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetAuthConfig() at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.InternetGetServerAuthConfig(ServerSyncProxy proxy, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.Authenticate(AuthorizationManager authorizationManager, Boolean checkExpiration, ServerSyncProxy proxy, Cookie cookie, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.SyncConfigUpdatesFromUSS() at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServeWhich looks similar-enough to post on this old thread.
The last successful sync I saw was 4.56pm 20210921 AEST (UTC+10) first unsuccessful was 4.56pm 20210922 AEST
In UTC, that is the breakage happened sometime between 20210921 10:56 and 20210922 10:56.Nothing but failure since, and I have just now (20210922 23:04 UTC)tried a manual sync, which has failed
-
Shintaro Fujiwara 11 Reputation points
2021-09-22T04:21:23.12+00:00 HELP.
I have the same situation today.
Does anyone know this issue?
-
Bob (ISI) 51 Reputation points
2021-08-24T14:03:03.463+00:00 Good day all. Is anyone having the same WSUS sync issue again identical to what we were witnessing back in Feb? It has been about 5-6 days now that I'm getting the same issue, no changes to the configuration. and was working flawlessly since it came back online back in Feb.
-
abbodi86 5,106 Reputation points
2021-05-22T15:21:19.297+00:00