The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load

Anonymous
2013-10-26T20:07:29+00:00

We'll start with this Event FIRST:

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP

Date:          10/26/13 1:03:18 PM

Event ID:      219

Task Category: (212)

Level:         Warning

Keywords:     

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      Michael-HP

Description:

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_Generic&Prod_USB_SD_Reader&Rev_1.00#18E3312D81B&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />

    <EventID>219</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>3</Level>

    <Task>212</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-10-26T17:03:18.207832500Z" />

    <EventRecordID>42592</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="208" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>Michael-HP</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="DriverNameLength">124</Data>

    <Data Name="DriverName">SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_Generic&Prod_USB_SD_Reader&Rev_1.00#18E3312D81B&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}</Data>

    <Data Name="Status">3221226341</Data>

    <Data Name="FailureNameLength">14</Data>

    <Data Name="FailureName">\Driver\WudfRd</Data>

    <Data Name="Version">0</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

I'm guessing this is related to Event ID 11 (below) which shows up for 4 items DR1 through DR 4. .

Log Name:      System

Source:        disk

Date:          10/26/13 1:22:46 PM

Event ID:      11

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      Michael-HP

Description:

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="disk" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="49156">11</EventID>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-10-26T17:22:46.417018600Z" />

    <EventRecordID>42601</EventRecordID>

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>Michael-HP</Computer>

    <Security />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data>\Device\Harddisk2\DR2</Data>

    <Binary>0F00800001000000000000000B0004C00301000000000000000000001600000000000000000000000B29010000000000FFFFFFFF06000000580000050000000000000A122809080000000000140000000000000000000000803A110200E0FFFF0000000000000000E053B70100E0FFFF0000000000000000000000000000000035000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>

  </EventData>

</Event>

These show up on Device Manager as:

Disk Drives: as Generic USB SD Reader, CF Reader, xD/SM Reader and MS REader

and under

Portable Devices as E:\ through H:\

Device Status shows as Device Working Properly

Before you ask: earlier today I ran

sfc /scannow

Dism/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth

full scan Windows Defender

full scan Malwarebytes

NO new hardware or software since Windows 8.1 upgrade

all Windows Updates

Any help would be appreciated as I slowly go through the MULTIPLE Event Logs caused by my recent UPGRADE to Windows 8.1


Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-29T18:52:32+00:00

    I was getting a BSOD from this error. After the 4th format and reload I quit getting the BSOD that was happening with it. I still get the error just not the BSOD. I'm still not sure about Windows 10. I'm going to try the actual release OS and if it isn't any better than the preview, I will format and load Linux.

    I get the impression Microsoft is ignoring this issue altogether even though it is the Windows 10 preview. I hope when they release the OS it is fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-29T19:34:59+00:00

    most likely your bsod has nothing to do with this error as i said a few times. If you disconnect the card reader or disable it in the bios you will know for sure when the BSOD still occurs.

    BSOD is usually a bad driver or failing hardware. Linux may help if its a bad driver, but if your hard drive or power supply is failing then it will still be failing if you switch operating systems.

    as i said, i have this error on many pc's and it has not affected their stability at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-04T03:24:38+00:00

    Here we are in July, 2015, and still no response from Microsoft.  

    WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM MICROSOFT?  HOW MANY SCREAMS DO YOU NEED TO HEAR BEFORE YOU FIX THIS???????Here we are again, Microsoft is unresponsive (nothing new there) and unhelpful (equally not new) on an issue that people have been complaining about since the beginning of Windows 8.1 - and nothing.THANK YOU FOR SHOWING YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR USERS.  AGAIN.

    Have you tried opening a new thread? The original poster marked a response with Answered, so everyone has probably moved on. I would recommend opening a new post with your problem. You will probably receive help then.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-17T09:32:26+00:00

    My problem with "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load"

    failure PC, jamming PC...

    finaly stopped when i stopped OneDrive in register. 

    First right-click the OneDrive icon in your notification area — it looks like a little white cloud — and select Settings. You might have to click the up arrow button to view all the system tray icons before you see the OneDrive icon.

    Uncheck the “Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows” option and save your settings. OneDrive won’t load at startup anymore.

    Also to click or tap the “Unlink OneDrive” button here. This will stop OneDrive from syncing .

    1. Press Win + R keyboard accelerator to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type RegEdit.exe and hit Enter or OK to open Registry Editor.
    3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
    4. Right click on Windows and select New -> Key. Name the new key as OneDrive. Note: If OneDrive key already exists, skip this step.
    5. Right click on OneDrive registry key, and select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new value name as DisableFileSyncNGSC
    6. Set the data for DisableFileSyncNGSC registry value as 1. Close Registry Editor.
    7. Sign out and sign in again, or restart the computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-01-23T20:49:14+00:00

    Thanks for your intuitive reply. I have been fighting with this problem and am about ready to throw my Dell Experiment in the trash. The only thing left to do is an exorcism, will let you know if it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments