@ Ken 429
Is your machine stalling cuz mine is
the reason I asked is because I have the same error driver number as you
No. Everything works ok as far as I can tell. Just the annoying Event Log entries.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
We'll start with this Event FIRST:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
Date: 10/26/13 1:03:18 PM
Event ID: 219
Task Category: (212)
Level: Warning
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Michael-HP
Description:
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_Generic&Prod_USB_SD_Reader&Rev_1.00#18E3312D81B&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />
<EventID>219</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>212</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-10-26T17:03:18.207832500Z" />
<EventRecordID>42592</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="208" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Michael-HP</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="DriverNameLength">124</Data>
<Data Name="DriverName">SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_Generic&Prod_USB_SD_Reader&Rev_1.00#18E3312D81B&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}</Data>
<Data Name="Status">3221226341</Data>
<Data Name="FailureNameLength">14</Data>
<Data Name="FailureName">\Driver\WudfRd</Data>
<Data Name="Version">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
I'm guessing this is related to Event ID 11 (below) which shows up for 4 items DR1 through DR 4. .
Log Name: System
Source: disk
Date: 10/26/13 1:22:46 PM
Event ID: 11
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Michael-HP
Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="disk" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49156">11</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-10-26T17:22:46.417018600Z" />
<EventRecordID>42601</EventRecordID>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Michael-HP</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\Harddisk2\DR2</Data>
<Binary>0F00800001000000000000000B0004C00301000000000000000000001600000000000000000000000B29010000000000FFFFFFFF06000000580000050000000000000A122809080000000000140000000000000000000000803A110200E0FFFF0000000000000000E053B70100E0FFFF0000000000000000000000000000000035000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>
These show up on Device Manager as:
Disk Drives: as Generic USB SD Reader, CF Reader, xD/SM Reader and MS REader
and under
Portable Devices as E:\ through H:\
Device Status shows as Device Working Properly
Before you ask: earlier today I ran
sfc /scannow
Dism/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth
full scan Windows Defender
full scan Malwarebytes
NO new hardware or software since Windows 8.1 upgrade
all Windows Updates
Any help would be appreciated as I slowly go through the MULTIPLE Event Logs caused by my recent UPGRADE to Windows 8.1
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
@ Ken 429
Is your machine stalling cuz mine is
the reason I asked is because I have the same error driver number as you
No. Everything works ok as far as I can tell. Just the annoying Event Log entries.
I think its the hard drives but I'm not expert or I would have fixed it by now
I read some where that disabling hot plugs fix's it nope done that to
CHANGED MY .FRAMEWORK SETTINGS TO EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE STILL NO GO..
Mainly happens on a cold boot with Ultrafast enabled tried with all boot modes even with CMS enabled still got the error .....
is this a kernel thing because if there's a way to install windows 8.1 on my machine I've done it and I still got errors and stalling on start screen.
@ Ken 429
Is your machine stalling cuz mine is
the reason I asked is because I have the same error driver number as you
This is a snap shot of event viewer right after a fresh install (first boot) nothing installed not even signed in to my live account thinking maybe the cloud was syncing something it shouldn't
Is there a way I can find this device and just disable it... I mean what's the go with THAT..
Windows 8.1 is a great OS the game graphics with the new direct 11 is amazed. start screen = fun but this I just don't get it.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!